[WANTED] 10 X 2.5 in rear drum brake assemblies for 8.75 diff.

-
oh thank goodness, the moderators were just seconds away from deleting this post due to conducting sale post correspondence in a non want ad post. (just some poking fun at the moderators!!!)
I hate it when that happens even more when I get caught.

I may have a set of 10" backing plates if your interested in pieces. Let me know and I'll verify the size for sure, I ended up going with 11".

I may have a set of 10" backing plates if your interested in pieces. Let me know and I'll verify the size for sure, I ended up going with 11".
10x1.75 or 10x2.5?
A body or B,C,E Truck / Van?

If you don't mind, see what you have. If 10 inch will also need shoe spreader bar and e brake lever. Thanks for your response.

10x1.75 or 10x2.5?
A body or B,C,E Truck / Van?
10x2.5
Currently have 'want to buy' on FEBO website for E body drum brake assemblies. Prefer E body brake assemblies. Do not know all the in's and out's of brakes other than will tell Moser what I have obtained and they will build axles accordingly.

Sorry I was out of town until today, what I have in the shed is 11" backing plates with some hardware. I thought there was some 10" stuff there but it must have been used up somewhere.

Sorry I was out of town until today, what I have in the shed is 11" backing plates with some hardware. I thought there was some 10" stuff there but it must have been used up somewhere.
Thanks for looking. Just for my information, will 14 inch wheels fit on 11 inch brakes?

Thanks for looking. Just for my information, will 14 inch wheels fit on 11 inch brakes?
In all likelihood, yes. Think of all the Road Runners with 11" drums and 14" wheels. Disc brake clearance is trickier. The caliper has to clear in diameter and width.

The 8 3/4 rear from the donor station wagon that I had narrowed and the axles cut and re-splined had 11" brakes so that's what I used. Got to big bolt pattern and correct offset to center the bigger brakes and axles that way.

The 8 3/4 rear from the donor station wagon that I had narrowed and the axles cut and re-splined had 11" brakes so that's what I used. Got to big bolt pattern and correct offset to center the bigger brakes and axles that way.
If 8 3/4 comes with 10 x 2.5 brakes, will it accommodate 11 x 2.5 as well with same axle offset?

For 2.5 brakes the offset is the same, 11" brakes I used were 11X3. There is no standard Abody rear end with big bolt pattern you either have to re-drill the axles,or get custom axles. I used a station wagon rear and had it narrowed and the axles shortened and re-splined so I could use the 11" heavy duty brakes

For 2.5 brakes the offset is the same, 11" brakes I used were 11X3. There is no standard Abody rear end with big bolt pattern you either have to re-drill the axles,or get custom axles. I used a station wagon rear and had it narrowed and the axles shortened and re-splined so I could use the 11" heavy duty brakes
Thanks for clearing this up. For the longest time it was a big mystery. Now that engine is in; rear end and brakes are at the top of the list. Why are the 10 x 2.5 inch so hard to come by. Would have thought with the switch to rear disk, they would be more available.

Probably because most of the 70's cars with 8 3/4 rears had 11" rear brakes, I am not sure I have seen one that didn't except for the original A body 8 3/4's that used special narrower brakes and drums

I had several 1968-72 B-Bodies with 8.75" rear ends. All the front drum brake cars had 11" rear drums. All the disc brake cars had 10" rear drums.
I'm not saying there are no exceptions to this, but that's what my cars were equipped with.

I have a set from a fury 2 I pulled awhile back

IMG_3783.jpeg

IMG_3782.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg

Probably because most of the 70's cars with 8 3/4 rears had 11" rear brakes, I am not sure I have seen one that didn't except for the original A body 8 3/4's that used special narrower brakes and drums
You said you may have a set of 11 inch earlier. Would that include the shoe spreader bar and e brake bar?

I should have all the parts for them

I don’t know what it’s worth make a offer on it

-
Back