100 pound loss = how much HP gain???

-
I don't understand why you make these off examples that you've never tried so easy or have you tried to 5200 stall with 488 gears and found them easy..?
Means I've always had street cars, and distance to drive them, I haven't ran 4.88's on the street. Steepest I've ran on the streets is 4.30's. I bought a sure-grip 4.56 but I sold them before ever trying them. I don't need to install 4.88's and a 5200 stall, I have friends that run them and see their results. Of course, pure drag cars.

Means I've always had street cars, and distance to drive them, I haven't ran 4.88's on the street. Steepest I've ran on the streets is 4.30's. I bought a sure-grip 4.56 but I sold them before ever trying them. I don't need to install 4.88's and a 5200 stall, I have friends that run them and see their results. Of course, pure drag cars.
right on cue I wrote it down here next to me he will say his friends did this or that LOL..

1320 feet in the 1/4. Take 1320 and divide it by your mph (112 is your mph?). That's how you get 11.7's.
So that's not taking any weight in consideration?..
I think as you keep getting on about the point of the thread...

right on cue I wrote it down here next to me he will say his friends did this or that LOL..
Do you have to have your hand blown off my a grenade to know that it would hurt? Can you actually believe what you see and hear, or are all your friends liars and you cannot believe anything they say? So tell me why YOU think drag cars have gears and converters like 5200/4.88's? Do you have a clue? Is it so they can make it harder to run? :BangHead::BangHead: Why do I bother.... :rolleyes:

So that's not taking any weight in consideration?..
I think as you keep getting on about the point of the thread...
Doesn't matter, you ran the MPH. It works. If you are way off, don't blame the math, look at your car. My car does 99mph which calls for a 13.3 run. It does it. My friends Duster runs 114 mph, which calls for 11.5's, it does it. It works!

Do you have to have your hand blown off my a grenade to know that it would hurt? Can you actually believe what you see and hear, or are all your friends liars and you cannot believe anything they say? So tell me why YOU think drag cars have gears and converters like 5200/4.88's? Do you have a clue? Is it so they can make it harder to run? :BangHead::BangHead: Why do I bother.... :rolleyes:
All my friends have the slowest cars in town and we are all the slowest racers... everybody on the internet there much faster...

Doesn't matter, you ran the MPH. It works. If you are way off, don't blame the math, look at your car. My car does 99mph which calls for a 13.3 run. It does it. My friends Duster runs 114 mph, which calls for 11.5's, it does it. It works!
He drives it to the track with 354 gears? Steel wheels, four speed, and is 3300 lb?..

He drives it to the track with 354 gears? Steel wheels, four speed, and is 3300 lb?..
Doesn't matter. You ran the mph. Until you look at your build, and look for what is working right and what is not, then you'll be what you'll be. Like YR stated, it's hard, and especially hard for street cars. I finally accomplished it with my Duster. But true street cars have different suspension, gears, converter, etc which makes it harder.

Doesn't matter. You ran the mph. Until you look at your build, and look for what is working right and what is not, then you'll be what you'll be. Like YR stated, it's hard, and especially hard for street cars. I finally accomplished it with my Duster. But true street cars have different suspension, gears, converter, etc which makes it harder.
What the heck do you mean it doesn't matter?.. you tried to make an apples-to-apples comparison and that would matter in an apples-to-apples comparison but I should be going just as quick as your buddies car...
Sometimes I forget this is the internet and that I am a supermodel...

What the heck do you mean it doesn't matter?.. you tried to make an apples-to-apples comparison and that would matter in an apples-to-apples comparison but I should be going just as quick as your buddies car...
Sometimes I forget this is the internet and that I am a supermodel...
I was using his Duster and my Duster to show you the math works when the car works. ET doesn't matter to the math. YR just stated that, above, and said he respects a car that can do that. I can't help ya, man. Sorry. You argue with proven facts. Your on your own.....

I was using his Duster and my Duster to show you the math works when the car works. ET doesn't matter to the math. YR just stated that, above, and said he respects a car that can do that. I can't help ya, man. Sorry. You argue with proven facts. Your on your own.....
I'm not arguing... There's nothing to argue as you point out your friend's car with no math behind it... I've showed you how things add up for my car but you won't show me how things add up for his. And as everyone in this thread as shown and said things get exponentially harder once you start going past 112 to 120 miles an hour. That's why I'm eagerly waiting for you to find all this out when your truck does 10.99 like I'm sure it will.. but as you pointed out it may not be very soon..
Like your car does exactly what you wanted to do mine does exactly what I wanted to do and it doesn't need to make anybody else's expectations but mine..

Actually, there will be no real HP gain. Losing weight will not make the engine gain horsepower.
LOL
Sorry, couldn't help it.

I'm not arguing... There's nothing to argue as you point out your friend's car with no math behind it... I've showed you how things add up for my car but you won't show me how things add up for his. And as everyone in this thread as shown and said things get exponentially harder once you start going past 112 to 120 miles an hour. That's why I'm eagerly waiting for you to find all this out when your truck does 10.99 like I'm sure it will.. but as you pointed out it may not be very soon..
Like your car does exactly what you wanted to do mine does exactly what I wanted to do and it doesn't need to make anybody else's expectations but mine..
This is like 2 years of this same topic and I just can't go around with you anymore on this topic. IF your thrilled that a 6k dollar stroker in a body that goes mid 12's, then I'm thrilled for ya. It is what it is. Glad your all happy and all that. That's all that matters :) Cheers!

This is like 2 years of this same topic and I just can't go around with you anymore on this topic. IF your thrilled that a 6k dollar stroker in a body that goes mid 12's, then I'm thrilled for ya. It is what it is. Glad your all happy and all that. That's all that matters :) Cheers!
I just recently posted an 11-5 time slip on your other thread and the cars went faster than that as well LOL...
And I've been saying it for two years your linear fiddling on $200 Motors it's only going to take you so far..
Again I'm eager to see the 10.99..

I just recently posted an 11-5 time slip on your other thread and the cars went faster than that as well LOL...
And I've been saying it for two years your linear fiddling on $200 Motors it's only going to take you so far..
Again I'm eager to see the 10.99..
So you are saying your car in present condition can run a 11.5? Liar. Cam, weight, gears have all been changed. And besides, when your car was in full race mode, it was still slow. Do the math. 119 should have had you around 11 flat. So you still were a 1/2 second behind the math.

So you are saying your car in present condition can run a 11.5? Liar. Cam, weight, gears have all been changed. And besides, when your car was in full race mode, it was still slow. Do the math. 119 should have had you around 11 flat. So you still were a 1/2 second behind the math.
See you scramble your facts... To suit your discussion.. remember the 6K motor??.. that can only do mid 12...
Ask anybody who consistently run sub 12 and sub 11's.. the river went out one day and been a half-second off there normal time because of weather conditions? LOL
When you're finally doing 10.99 and I know you will you'll find some of this stuff out...

See you scramble your facts... To suit your discussion.. remember the 6K motor??.. that can only do mid 12...
Ask anybody who consistently run sub 12 and sub 11's.. the river went out one day and been a half-second off there normal time because of weather conditions? LOL
When you're finally doing 10.99 and I know you will you'll find some of this stuff out...
your motor is still a 6k motor. Still have those expensive roller rockers, right? Still have your machine shop installed 2.02 ported heads, right? Still have the regrind cam, right? Still have the same stroker kit, right? Still have the same intake, right? You still have the same bored block, right? You still have the 6k stroker, but in street form it's a consistent mid 12 car. I guess I'm just honest, I don't lead folks to believe my car is something it's not. When asked to post what you had on the other thread, you posted a 11.5 ET slip. That's a lie. You do not have an 11.5 car anymore than I do. You lead people to believe something, it's called deceiving. Post what it is, a 12 second car street car with a 410 stroker, dual quads, and 3.54 gears. Just be honest. I will not respond anymore to what your car should run, math, etc. Tired of beating my head against a brick wall. I'm brutally honest, that's all.

your motor is still a 6k motor. Still have those expensive roller rockers, right? Still have your machine shop installed 2.02 ported heads, right? Still have the regrind cam, right? Still have the same stroker kit, right? Still have the same intake, right? You still have the same bored block, right? You still have the 6k stroker, but in street form it's a consistent mid 12 car. I guess I'm just honest, I don't lead folks to believe my car is something it's not. When asked to post what you had on the other thread, you posted a 11.5 ET slip. That's a lie. You do not have an 11.5 car anymore than I do. You lead people to believe something, it's called deceiving. Post what it is, a 12 second car street car with a 410 stroker, dual quads, and 3.54 gears. Just be honest. I will not respond anymore to what your car should run, math, etc. Tired of beating my head against a brick wall. I'm brutally honest, that's all.
LOL... First and foremost I will not be brutally honest because I don't think you'd be able to take it...
Yes I had 188 valve's taken out and 2.02's put in when I took the heads off after a year of racing with the motor and put the heads back on. Yes after a couple of years I upgraded to roller rockers. This motor has done the under-11 5 which is not a lie.. it currently does well under 12.5 I'm still with Factory heads and a very mild cam... The posted too many Time Slips of both for someone to call me a liar...
I have seen 408 strokers in a body Mopars do two or three tenths of a second faster than mine but definitely they had automatic transmissions aluminum heads and much more sophisticated rear suspension..
I don't need to lie to make friends that's for damn sure LOL..
Here's the hard bottom line that you will always have to swallow: my abody Mopar has went faster than yours ever have and it will always remain faster than your abody Mopar will ever go...:D...

Screenshot_20200324-222809.png

6K and Bam you would only be $2,300 over budget and instantly 10.99....

LOL looks like your crony stixx still drools on your every last word lol... Embarrassing...
Again I appreciate your math proving that my motor is completely up to its task and doing as it should for the money that I paid...
I very much understand if I went to an automatic transmission with the correct stall converter and trans brake and probably two to three thousand dollars more and rear suspension upgrades I could have gained that three or four tenths of a second and my 60-foot time and had the numbers that the Wallace calculator calculates... But instead of trying to race the Wallace calculator and my ego I elected to put more weight on the car and have a more happy medium of a cam...

-
Back