$1200 for a Frickin Rear Bumper for a 66 Valiant!!

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Really!!?? Just viewed this on ebay.
Does the guy really believe he'll get that....even with some "minor scratches and dings." You can even see a spot that looks like there was tow hook that pulled up the metal at one time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-NOS-PL...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac6c0ed0d&vxp=mtr

Another reason why prices for these cars are an arm and a leg.

Maybe I can get $600 for the dent free one I pulled at upullandpay for $45!!

Geeez!

Well, he states "that it's NOS" lol. Maybe I can get something close to that at the Nationals for the 66 Dart front bumper or 65 Dart rear bumper I have that's been re-chromed.

Holy sh-t mine was bent and had surface rust on it and took it to the chrome shop they straitened it and re chromed it for 320.00 and it. Looks brand new from the factory and can't even tell it was bent at all. The one listed Is bent and is scratched all to crap:protest:

The stupid sumbitch is the one that's gonna buy it.

Looks like he added a few more pics. The inside of the bumper is all rusty. So, you're tellin me this was "inside" or in "storage" for 50yrs?? Give me a break!

if its made of platinum... sure. This guy should be beaten with his bumper.

He states NOS "condition". That's his out if someone buys it and he gets called on it. Buyer beware.

Russ.

Ridiculous lol. Also good call on rechrome shops. Going to try that route myself rather than trying to find somebody doesn't marked up rechrome.

I believe NOS condition alludes to the fact that it has scratches, dents and dings from shelf wear! Not gonna get anywhere near that as it will need to be replated to be used on any high dollar show car!! Hmm....come to think of it, I can't ever remember seeing a 66 cuda car so perfect it needed a $1200 NOS bumper!!

Really!!?? Just viewed this on ebay.
Does the guy really believe he'll get that....even with some "minor scratches and dings." You can even see a spot that looks like there was tow hook that pulled up the metal at one time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-NOS-PL...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac6c0ed0d&vxp=mtr

Another reason why prices for these cars are an arm and a leg.

Maybe I can get $600 for the dent free one I pulled at upullandpay for $45!!

Geeez!

So wheres this upullandpay that has old mopar stuff ? I'd like to pay that yard a visit.

So wheres this upullandpay that has old mopar stuff ? I'd like to pay that yard a visit.

Colorado Springs. You sometimes just have to come down and take a look as not everything in the yard is listed on the website....or it gets listed before it's nearly too late...going to the crusher.
At least that was the case with the 66 Valiant and the 74 Duster several months ago. Those are long gone now.
I hadn't been there for a few months I think, then checked a couple a weeks ago and that 68 Dodge was in there....got lucky on that one. lol

I think this bumper is priced right for those who buy cars at Barrett Jackson . I would trade a family member for it . Just not my Dog.

Attachments

• Picture 117.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 299
I can vouch for these guys. I have seen their work. They can turn a terrible bumper into a terrific one!

I have Tri-City bumpers on my 66 Cuda, didn't cost anywhere near $1200 for both, and after 10 years still look brand new!! As a matter of fact, they didnt cost me a penny, I just turned in 20 cores in trade for them!!

Got em on my 67 Cuda too, same same....

-
Back