13:1 Compression Pistons in 340 Small Block

-
I think that YR must spend some time getting his heads, cast or AL, all tuned up pretty
It also appears that he is a meticulous tuner
I'am not- that was someone else's job
I did Q jets and have around a hundred cores but have not done one in a couple of years

I am doing a 340 build now and using those pistons, and i am looking for 13.1, using up what parts that are in my garage, including a NOS DC cam that's 38 years old.

The last build I was in with compression in that neighborhood (14:1!) took two cans of 104-Plus to 20 gallons of premium fuel... I won't even go into all the complications and legalities involved with aviation fuel, but being it takes e 85 components to withstand long term exposure to that devils juice, your better off with the legal e85 plan.
Old post, but I can drive on the runway and get AvGas. Called and checked, told em I was gonna run it at the strip...

Lol! I’ve got a key to my airport fuel pump as well. An 8:1 mix works really well with the ethanol free 93 plus premium we have available here for 10.5:1. Luckily, our ethanol free station is owned by someone who has an old car habit, so he mixes the Sunoco premium additive package to the rich side. It’s probably 96 octane or better, it smells like 100 octane race gas.

Lol! I’ve got a key to my airport fuel pump as well. An 8:1 mix works really well with the ethanol free 93 plus premium we have available here for 10.5:1. Luckily, our ethanol free station is owned by someone who has an old car habit, so he mixes the Sunoco premium additive package to the rich side. It’s probably 96 octane or better, it smells like 100 octane race gas.
Oh No Sir, I have no key! It just a small Lil local place....

Figuratively speaking, of course! Our airfield is small, too. Knowing the friendly management there is the only key needed. At $5.25/gallon, it’s much cheaper than trying to run anything else.

Last edited:
Gee you guys your petrol is cheap! Here in Australia our premium unleaded is currently at $2.20 @ litre or $9.68 @ gallon ! But the average wage is a lot higher than in the US so that goes a long way to ease the pain.

Gee you guys your petrol is cheap! Here in Australia our premium unleaded is currently at $2.20 @ litre or $9.68 @ gallon ! But the average wage is a lot higher than in the US so that goes a long way to ease the pain.
WOW, YALL ARE GETTIN F'D to Death!

-
Back