13" Wheel Covers with 14" or 15" Wheels

-

Walt Jackson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Apparently 13" wheels cannot be bolted directly to KH disc brakes.

So, how to attach the 13" wheel covers to 14" or 15" wheels on my 1963 Dodge Dart GT equipped with those brakes?

tia

--Walt Jackson

I doubt there are any adapters out there. Interesting question.

Valiant63 is right. When I upgraded my 67 Dart to 14" wheels, I went to Hub Cap City and found some 14" Dodge covers. If you want them to look "period", look for B-body covers from '63.

I don't know of any adapters to put your 13" hubcaps on your 14" wheels. The only hubcap adapters I've ever seen in all my years working on cars, junk yarding, etc were made by Chrysler but were only used on 3/4 ton, 8 lug pickups and vans from mid 80's to early 90's with 16" wheels. There was trim ring looking adapter that allowed the use of a 15" wheelcover. I agree with others as far as finding a set of 14" hubcaps from the same era to replace your 13" ones. Years ago I had a hubcap come off my '67 Coronet R/T while hot dogging around a corner. Caught air rolling up a driveway apron and nearly hit a woman in the head who was holding a yard sale. Damn lucky it didn't hit her. You want the right size hubcaps for whatever wheel size you use as others have suggested.

It's not about a generic wheel cover.

It's how to keep the 63-64 distinctive Dart wheel cover on the car. At one time I found a fairly flat 14" wheel cover, cut the center out, and installed the 13" wheel cover. I kept losing them in turns because the assembly flexed too much. So then I went to wheel adaptors which require constant inspection because they loosen up even with Loctite. The wheel needed to be pulled out 1" to clear the caliper, which is too much for a wheel spacer.

--Walt Jackson

Just throwing out a real hairbrained idea, any way to attach the 13" hubcap to a 14" beauty ring,? kind of like how people used to attach the spun aluminum discs to a beauty ring instead of drilling holes in the rims
That's the only hillbilly ingineerin way I can think of doing it

One doesn't install 13" wheel covers on a larger-than-13-inch wheel. One finds suitable wheel covers sized to suit the larger wheels. Lots of options worth considering here, some options here, or take a look at the '61 and '63 Plymouth caps here.

-
Back