130 mph pass

-
That's awesome! If you ever get it to hook, it'll be a 10.50 car, easy...

Tell us about the engine, please. That's a lot of horsepower...

Congratulations!!!:cheers:

thanks mate .indy 360-1 cnc flow343 @ 600 intake 225 ex @600 ,indy intake,750 bg , t d 1.6 rollors. 410 cube ,11.8 comp ,259/265 @ 050 109 l/c 3 degee advance .200 figures are 176 in 171 ex solid flat tappet 3300 stall 904 , 3.9 gears 26/10/15 mt drag radial, 3550 lbs. done a couple changers,an raced her today ,they where 840 pro systems carbie , 4900. split mono leaf .caltracs
ran 125 asp and 130 with a bit of gas

There you have it!!!:cheers: An A Body getting the job dun :cheers:
Great build and thank you for sharing ian :-D

Well done Ian! The Indy heads seem to be the way to go to get in the 550+ hp range.

You'll be in the 10's easy once you find a way to hook up. I think it's time for some slicks. 8)

thanks guys this is a great forum . these are my time sheets , last time ran 1.55 60 ft 11.2 118
http://

Ian,

That thing is F-A-S-T!!!!!! :cheers:

Is it an Australian Valiant, maybe a '65?

Have you weighed it? At 130 mph, if it weighs, like 3200 pounds, race weight (with you onboard,) it's putting 578 horsepower to the ground... which is about 680 at the flywheel, I think.

That's one strong 360!

Yet another 600+ HP Mopar small block that didn't blow up the first time down the strip... Interesting...

Holy Crap, Ian; fastest four door sedan I've seen, ever. Congrats on the win, and have more fun with it. What a Sleeper.
But...the steering wheel's on the wrong side.

thanks boys , bill car and driver is 3550 lbs its heavy steel cage,tow bar ,truck battery ,9 inch diff,twin 2 1/2 system and a fat boy behind the wheel.

sweet! i bet you make a lot of people regret racing you. lol

it is a 1965 ap6 valiant over here (aussie land) that car in the last vid is a rb 33 6 cld turbo all the young kids here luv them ,and there eyes fall out of there heads when i kick there butt, the car will hook in the 1.50 60 ft on a hotter day.

Hey ian,you from victoria too?

Where did you race it!?
An who built that motor!?

Sorry for all the questions,always get excited when another
fellow aus member is on the board haha!

thats cool mate ,i ran at heathcote drags , i do all my engines and gearboxs and spec a custom cam for the engine also.

Ian,
The calculator I use http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm says it takes 641 HP to push 3,550 pounds to a terminal speed of 130 MH in the quarter mile. I'm pretty sure that's rear wheel HP, too, so if we go with the rule-of-thumb approximation that rear wheel HP is 85 percent of flywheel HP, it would suggest that you're making in the neighborhood of 754 flywheel HP with that 360!

That's strong... :cheers:

thanks mate my goal is to run a 9.90 @134 ,if i get her to hook.

-
Back