14" hubcaps ??

-

rdb

Reaction score
I need new tires for the '64 Dart GT convertible. 13" whitewalls w/o the huge white sidewall are impossible to find. If Coker has them I didn't find them.

Everyone says go up to 14", but those gaudy, racing style wheels don't appeal to me... only hubcaps cut it in my book. But at 14" the cool original hubcaps can't be used. If I got 14" rims and suitable tires, is there a later Dart or even Generic dodge 14" hubcap that would look ok. Did Darts ever go up to 14" rims?

Bob B
currently driving local only cause of old tires and no spare

All A bodies (Darts,B'cuda's, Valiants,etc.) had a 14" steel wheel option, if not standard equipment. Lots of hubcaps/wheelcovers are available for 14" steel wheels....here Google is your friend.

I have a pretty decent set of 14 inch wheel covers that were used on lots of Dodge cars from the early-mid 70s (73 to 76 or around then). I will let them go for $40. They're in good condition.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2N1gxMDU5/$(KGrHqVHJBME9reu+sMiBPbQ9CIPo!~~60_35.JPG

Here is what they look like, I just found a picture online as I can not post my own pictures.

IIRC; the 67 and newer cars with V8s got the 14s. And the 13s only came std on the 6s. The 5 x 4 BC continued to 72 as the last year.
From 73 on, I have never seen 13s again.Of course, also from 73 on, the 5 x 4 was history too; at least in Canada. IIRC.
IMO, 14s look good on the early-cars, especially with Dog-dish caps.Woof-Woof.

My slant six drum brake '72 Swinger had 14's, factory. had Bullitt Charger hubcaps on it when I got it

Wanted to send a big THANKS to all the replies/info and offers. I am still sorting thru it all and it's possible this project is off til next spring. But I will try to figure out what I need and then contact you all. One thing I learned.. at least in terminology, hubcap is just the little guy that covers the bolts, showing most of the wheel, and wheell cover of course this the larger one that I always called hubcap.

-
Back