14" Lug spacing 66 Cuda vs 67 Cuda

-

LP1966

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have a 66 Cuda with 14" wheels. I've found the correct hubcaps for a 67 cuda w 14" wheels. Is the lug spacing that same for these 2 years? I have a chance to buy the 67 hubcaps with the 5 holes for the lugs to stick through, but I haven't found any lug spacing dimension for either year. Your input and advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

5x4" A bodies till mid 70s

5x4.5" b, c, e bodies

(Some exceptions to the rule)

Also, where's the best place to buy 20 chrome lug nuts for these hubcaps. Still learning about this car...one one the nuts tighten clockwise, the other side counterclockwise. When I questioned that, I was told "Welcome to Mopar!"

Also, where's the best place to buy 20 chrome lug nuts for these hubcaps. Still learning about this car...one one the nuts tighten clockwise, the other side counterclockwise. When I questioned that, I was told "Welcome to Mopar!"
1687211276806.png

Also, where's the best place to buy 20 chrome lug nuts for these hubcaps. Still learning about this car...one one the nuts tighten clockwise, the other side counterclockwise. When I questioned that, I was told "Welcome to Mopar
Left side of car may have left hand lug studs.

Lug NUTS are available look at local auto parts store, eBay, rockauto.

The LH lug studs are unubtainium.

some times used or NOS show up.

Also the torque on these 7/16 lug studs is 55 lbs, not the 100 like on 1/2 inch studs.

And yes it's a Mopar thing.

Lug bolt pattern is the same. Hub caps may not be. Im more familiar with b-body 4 1/2 pattern, but there was a change from a 10"hub cap to a 9" hubcap somewhere around 66/67. My 67 caps fit my later wheels, may not fit your earlier ones.

Lug bolt pattern is the same. Hub caps may not be. Im more familiar with b-body 4 1/2 pattern, but there was a change from a 10"hub cap to a 9' hubcap somewhere around 66/67. My 67 caps fit my later wheels, may not fit your earl8er ones.
I ran stainless Red Stripes on my 66 wheels. The stainless red stripes are 71's or so.

018.JPG

Left side of car may have left hand lug studs.

Lug NUTS are available look at local auto parts store, eBay, rockauto.

The LH lug studs are unubtainium.

some times used or NOS show up.

Also the torque on these 7/16 lug studs is 55 lbs, not the 100 like on 1/2 inch studs.

And yes it's a Mopar thing.
See post #7. They have left and right.

Hi Folks,
Thanks again for the replies. There continues to be a mystery about these...now it's the lug nuts themselves. These are the chrome lug nuts that stick through the holes in the hubcaps. (see photo). I spoke with Mega Parts and asked what length theirs were, or if they had a spec sheet. I found a spec with Motorsport-Max, an ebay shop, (attached) but it does not mention the left side/right side difference. Do these dimensions look right?
I think I'm going to buy the ones from MegaParts, since they mention the left side/right side difference.
I wonder what Walter Chrysler would think?
Thanks again for yr help.

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 1.01.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 4.11.10 PM.png

I doubt you will find new LH thread chrome lug nuts.

IIRC they just stick through the hubcap rather than hold the hubcap on.

Look what I found. Not sure if they are right.

Lug Nuts A-Body 7/16 Left Hand Thread Chrome
the lugs just stick through, they do not hold the cap on in any manner.

some aftermarket lugs might be too thick walled and have too large of a diameter to fit, especially when converted to 1/2" studs. so verify before kicking down for 20 of 'em

Thanks Dana Dart. Seek and you shall find left hand thread lug nuts. I'm going to buy these (photo) and see if they work. I checked again with Mega and they say these are the right ones. And yes, the lug nuts go one first, the the caps. Thanks again.

-
Back