Attachments

• DSCF2990.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 202
Got the speedo painted and mounted.

I have a question about the instrument lights. I have
new #158 bulbs and all of them work. The problem is that
they are not very bright at night. The dimmer on the light switch
works also. Is there a brighter bulb that can be used? It would be nice
to replace them before I put the cluster back in tomorrow.

Thanks for any info you can shoot my way.

Didn't think I would ever see this on the bench again](*,)

Attachments

• DSCF3000.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF2992.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 164
There is a brighter bulb for use in the 4 for illumination . SlantSixDan can provide the number. I didn't write it down but I did purchase for my panel.
Providing a sufficient ground is crucial for any though. Pot metal is not a optimal conductor then chrome plated screws in black oxide coated U nuts placed on painted steel all adds up to measurable resistance. Add a ground wire on both printed circuit boards. Might be all you need and surely less expensive than 4 dollar per bulb(s).

There is a brighter bulb for use in the 4 for illumination . SlantSixDan can provide the number. I didn't write it down but I did purchase for my panel.
Providing a sufficient ground is crucial for any though. Pot metal is not a optimal conductor then chrome plated screws in black oxide coated U nuts placed on painted steel all adds up to measurable resistance. Add a ground wire on both printed circuit boards. Might be all you need and surely less expensive than 4 dollar per bulb(s).

Thanks Ben

Already got the ground wire installed. Did that before I put the cluster
in the first time. I'll PM Dan and get the number

Not pickin here Tony, but ya gotta get a 67 tach...the one you got doesnt do the car justice!! No offense!!

-
Back