15x 7 cop wheels fit on stock 67 Dart?

-

Beatnik

Reaction score
Havent found a definative answer so thought I'd just ask. Looking at picking up a set of 15x7 cop wheels and wondering when I go BBP will they fit without issue? I'm going to run normal tires (not trying to squeeze 275's) out back but I dont know the backspacing on the rims either.

Anyone running these on their car without issues or with issues?

Thanks.

I tried to get a set of 15X7 steelies under my 69 Dart and they wouldn't go using 245/60/15's (they went on but were paper close to the wheel lip). I ordered a set of custom 15X7 steelies from Summit with 5" of backspacing going to be installing the axles etc next week hopefully my measurements were right.

ive been looking for the same thing for my dart, how did u go about ordering custom steelies from summit?

ive been looking for the same thing for my dart, how did u go about ordering custom steelies from summit?

Just call them up and tell them you need to order a series 63 wheel from wheel vintiques and let them know what offset etc you need. I think they were like $80 a piece. I will warn you they took a few months to get.

http://wheelvintiques.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page54.html

I got my axles/brakes swapped today and bolted on my new 245/60/15s on my custom backspaced steelies and it turned out awesome. The 5" backspace put the tire right in the center of the wheel well plenty of room all the way around. The 245's look killer compared to the 14" 195's that were on there. I will post up some pics once the weather improves.

SwingerMan- Are your wheel tubs/springs in stock location? I'd love to see some pics of your new 245's when you can post them.

Also, did you order custom small bolt pattern 15" rims? Or did you convert to large before ordering?

Thanks!

Everything is in the stock location and I converted to Yukon axles with the large bolt pattern. I also swaped to LBP disc brakes in the front. I will try to get some pics this weekend and post them up for you.

SwingerMan- Are your wheel tubs/springs in stock location? I'd love to see some pics of your new 245's when you can post them.

Also, did you order custom small bolt pattern 15" rims? Or did you convert to large before ordering?

Thanks!

Everything is in the stock location and I converted to Yukon axles with the large bolt pattern. I also swaped to LBP disc brakes in the front. I will try to get some pics this weekend and post them up for you.

Got your PM. Thanks, look forward to the pics!

Here is a pic of mine on the front Beatnik. I havent gotten the rear in yet, but I've done a lot of measuring and think I can fit 245 60's too. The fronts are 225/60-15's

Frontwheels 002.jpg

Frontwheels 001.jpg

Thanks!

I have 245/60/15 BFG's on 15x7 4.25 custom SBP rallyes on my small bolt pattern 68 Dart. It it real real close inside and out. One side closer than the other. When you switch to new large flange large bolt pattern axles the flanges themselves are thicker than the SBP and everything moves outward a little. Pictures of my Dart are on my FABO picture page.

You can see this difference in distance in another post here on FABO about the drum brakes with a large bolt pattern coversion here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=28531

I used cop rims to check the fit before ordering from Stockton. I popped the studs out, and put a 275 60 15 tire on the rim. Fit perfectly, and I used these measurements to order mine. Remember that evey car is a little different in axle centering. Mine happened to be dead center.

I've had 255/60/15's on 7" stock steelies, which are the same bak space as the cop wheels, on my 64 dart. Tight fit slight rub in hard cornering. My buddy has that same combo on his 69 with out issue. About the axles, if you use a body backing plates and redrill your brake drums it doesn't move the wheels out. Got Moser axles for mine w/green bearings. The problem lies with the b and e body backing plated and drum.The ECI rear disc conversion moves the wheels 1/4" out.

-
Back