15x7 tire size

-

player1up

Reaction score
Opinions needed for a daily driver. I've got some 15x7 rims from a mercury mountaineer that are going on my duster. I'm thinking about 205/60/15 tires?

Will 205's be wide enough for the rims or should I go with 215's or 225's
or will the 225's hit the leaf springs

The rims have about 1" of clearance to the leaf springs (leaves are in stock location)

Don't worry the merc logos are stickers

new.jpg

Whatever you go with won't make too much of a difference. Looks like your trying to keep them the same size all around so you can rotate and not too worried about traction. I'd just go with 215s.

p/s In about a month and a half keep an eye out for a yeller barracuda running around. I'm moving to the lake mary area, going to school in Orlando.

-Mike

player1up said:
Opinions needed for a daily driver. I've got some 15x7 rims from a mercury mountaineer that are going on my duster. I'm thinking about 205/60/15 tires?

Will 205's be wide enough for the rims or should I go with 215's or 225's
or will the 225's hit the leaf springs

The rims have about 1" of clearance to the leaf springs (leaves are in stock location)

Don't worry the merc logos are stickers

I'm running 255 x 60-15 with 15 x 7 rims on my Demon. But I believe the offset is 4.5 inches on my rims. If those rims are off a 4 x 4 they may have a ton of offset and 215's will be the most you can go and still leave 1/2" clearance to the springs. The only way to know for sure is go to a tire shop and get a couple of old different size tires mounted and see for sure and ya loose the Merc stickers. Good luck. :evil2:

Definately.. I live about 2 miles from UCF love to see the cuda up close :headbang:

The rims have just over 4.5 inch backspace.

In Lake mary u'll be about half an hour from orlando speed world
:burnout:

player1up said:
Definately.. I live about 2 miles from UCF love to see the cuda up close :headbang:

My '75 Dart Sport has exactly 5.5" from the rearend hub face to the leaf springs outside surface. On my car, that would leave 1" of space to allow for tire bulge. I would mount the bare rim on the front and rear and check your clearance before you buy any tires.

player1up said:

Killer, I'll be out there about the end of November. I'll have to run into you, any good 'street' nights out at the track? :headbang:

I'm hoping to mount the rims tonight and check the clearance. I'll post the findings....

Mike - as for the drag schedule:

http://www.speedworlddragway.com/schedule/

Not sure of any big local events, just the steak&shake on wed night down the street but never been 'cause the wife has school that night :(

Ok so the rims have 4 9/16 inch backspace.. and when mounted they have 15/16 of an inch to go to hit the leaf springs......woot woot ..ok :)
On the front.... a lot LESS space between the upper ball joint and the rim.. about 1/2 inch or about the space of 2 tire weights.. so hope the wheel bearings don't give and let the rim hit the UCA..

AND THE FREEKIN CENTER CAPS HAVE FORD LOGOS UNDER THE MERC ONES :cussing:

guess the jokes on me :(

-
Back