18 gauge wire good for anything?

-

PhillH

Reaction score
I've been stocking up on high quality wiring and connectors looms and such, I'm tired of having to cobble together or make parts store runs everytime I need to wire up something. So I'm buying in small bulk to build up a supply, I was shopping online and between comparing prices I didn't pay attention to the gauge, I bought 3 rolls of wire at 16 gauge instead of 14, it looks really small, is it any good for any project I might need on the car or is it just going in the bin and being stored for the next twenty years?#-o

Well it just depends on the amperage. Your title said 18, your post said 16, so which is it?

Even 18 is good for "some things" relay triggers, etc. Horn button, instrument wiring, even dash lamps

well it just depends on the amperage. Your title said 18, your post said 16, so which is it?

Even 18 is good for "some things" relay triggers, etc. Horn button, instrument wiring, even dash lamps
x2.

I did quote the wrong size, it is 18 gauge. So that will be alright for relay triggers, dash lights and such? If so that's great, I did not mean to buy any less than 16 gauge.

-
Back