-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pentastar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everybody, my 1st post here. I found this site while looking for my dream car, a 1967-1969 Barracuda. I'm looking for another project here, but I can't sell the wife on the idea if I keep my current project, so here goes.

I have a 1958 Plymouth Savoy 2D sedan I'd like to trade for a Barracuda project. So far, I've replaced the radiator, brake system, rear glass, partial re-wire and completely rebuilt the front end, all with NOS parts bought at Andy Bernbaums ( oldmoparts.com) The exhaust (dual) is 4 years old and the radial tires have less than 1000 miles on them. This is a running and driving car that you can enjoy while you bring her back to life. Don't get me wrong, this baby needs work still but I've got her in good enough shape to make cruise nights and tool down the highway.The only rust issues she has is in the floorboards. I've taken a pic or 2 of the rust-through. There's some pin holes near the accelerator pedal and about a fist size hole under the drivers seat, plus one more small hole on the passenger side rear floor. I was planning on just replacing the whole floor, but it's not a Fred Flintstone car by any means. The fins, front "eyebrows, etc are ok. Minor surface rust elsewhere. The trunk is excellent. Right off the top of my head, she needs the following; Interior seats redone (old and worn-through on the drivers side, hence the blanket in the pictures), headliner is there but torn, she could use a rebuilt steering box (It "jumps" a bit at one part of the turn, making me believe a tooth is broken) Even though the engine and tranny run fine, they are getting old, and the engine in particular should be rebuilt to accept unleaded. I supplement pump gas and it runs fine but it really needs to be refreshed.

Please ask any questions and I'll answer as best I can. To recap; this has a 318 Polyspherical V8 engine with a column shift 3 speed tranny. The tranny has an automatic 4th speed "overdrive." Manual steering/brakes. The tube radio works! The clutch is stout and works fine. I have a clean title so no worries there.

I am located in Loveland, Colorado. I'd like to trade for a comparable Barracuda/project or see $3500.00 outta the car. BTW, please don't call her "Christine"!

I don't know how to post pics here but I set up a Photobucket account;

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww289/pentastar2009/

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated

Thanks for your time
Chris:hello1:

she is great shape. it sucks i am broke right now:banghead: or i would grab it.good luck with the sale.:supz:

Thanks guys for the kind words. She looks awesome until you get close and start nitpicking! She's definitely a project, albeit a running project. I also forgot to mention in my earlier post, I do have some trim for her, but it's in pretty beat up shape, which explains the holes in the sides.
Chris

Thanks guys for the kind words. She looks awesome until you get close and start nitpicking! She's definitely a project, albeit a running project. I also forgot to mention in my earlier post, I do have some trim for her, but it's in pretty beat up shape, which explains the holes in the sides.
Chris

aaah hell you can find faults w. any car...thats why i don;t go to shows w/ my cars cause everybody hammers them to death....peolple can't say wow nice car.....

A 2 door big fin car in respectable condition for $3500, I just can't see how that wouldn't sell in a heartbeat. :-D

A 2 door big fin car in respectable condition for $3500, I just can't see how that wouldn't sell in a heartbeat. :-D

You'd think, but so far no luck. On my next days off I'm going to put her up at forwardlook network, see how she does there.
Chris

That is one sweet, sweet ride. If I had the cash, I'd scoop it up. But if you had a dollar for every time you heard that, you wouldn't need to sell her, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back