bootsnbolts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1962 dodge lancer GT
portland, oregon
$2,500

i've been through hell and high water with this car, and it is with great sorrow that i list her for sale, but as a single mom on 2/3 below poverty level income, i can't afford gas, much less the very few repairs she needs.

*she's got a rebuilt hot rod head, work done by portland engine rebuilders, best in town. $500 for that job.
*brand new FFI steering arm $300
*recently replaced, NEW: alternator, fuel pump, timing chain, brake and fuel lines, fuel tank, battery, electronic ignition, much more.
*rebuilt: carburetor, recored radiator (gresham radiator), wiring (majhor murray's work),
brakes are good, seat belts were installed in back seat for the kids, much more.
*recent oil change, fuel filter, and air filter
*title in hand, registration just paid (2 years), no DEQ
*work records available, as well as receipts (alternator has lifetime warranty)

what she needs: windshield wiper motor needs replacing, fuel tank gasket needs replacing (fills to half without overspill), push buttons needs fixing/new tangs, THAT'S IT!!!!!

everything has been rebuilt or replaced, she starts up no prob, runs perfect, and is an absolute joy to drive. for a few hundred bux the remaining issues can be resolved, and none have to do with performance.

she needs cosmetic work, passenger window is stuck, but considering that this is a very unique vehicle, one year only and very few left on the road, with almost all original trim and interior intact, AND how much work has been done to her (you will not have to worry about breaking down) i do not think asking $2,500 is excessive. i also have a set of sixer leaf springs to throw in.

here is a pic of her from bridgetown blog (second car down): http://bridgetownblog.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/what-we-saw-cars-12/
here is where i bought her, and you can find parts (sandy): http://www.wildcatmopars.com/ at the top left of that website, the black hot rod is the same make and model as mine.
some pics from when i bought her: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/nux_vomica/media/cars/lolaemmaroad.jpg.html

she is worth every penny in spite of minor repairs and cosmetic rehabilitation needed.

lolasurf_zpsbe17062e.jpg

here, note the rust issue on the rear right fender:
1962-dodge-lancer_zpsa355a1cd.jpg

391512_656901460992886_379896667_n_zps3eb95109.jpg

Just couldn't get the pushbuttons working, huh? Well, we tried.
Good luck with the sale and with life.

BC

thanks, 64! working on the buttons still. i moved to an apartment building where i have to have her parked on a busy, very dirty street, i worry about her out there, and i can't work on her on the street, either. if she doesn't sell, well, i'm still working on the remaining issues (nothing mechanical), cause i don't mind keeping her, either. looking for a wrencher who can maybe help with the buttons, i don't have the tools. if you know anyone with reasonable rates (not $100/120/hour shop rates, thanks :p) give me a heads up.

fyi i only now got the responses to this thread off of this forum. so about a week lag, there...

Sweet...such a cool car...I would love to have it...you should have the red interior pictures posted here.

Good luck with the sale.
Paul

hey paul, thanks for the pic, i lost a lot of my pics and that is her right there! :p

i've been checking out classics on CL and am absolutely stunned by how much people want for completely rusted out, non-running, non-legal cars...$2,000 for this car is practically giving her away! one guy had a 62 nash for sale at $3,100...toyota engine...his post said 'can't see any rust' LOL the thing was not running, totally rusted out on hood and under it & wasted with rust interior, impossible to find parts for, definitely not up to date on fees...another guy wants $13,500 for two 73-74 cudas that both need drastic intervention! hell i jumped in my lancer yesterday, fired right up, lots of power, 100% legal + ALL work and parts receipts....that push button issue might suck but it's actually not a difficult fix, and the trans is rebuilt.

i'll buy you the gas tank gaskets, i may have a wiper motor to...

no dice on the pushbutton stuff, this one is a three on the tree. Why not post a thread and see if we cant help diag whats up.

hey great car im redoing one just like it a 62 gt with my 17 year old son good luck

dam too bad your so far away im still mad I sold my 62 dart 25 years ago. so many awesome lines ,it just grew on you 27 years later never seen another 1except in the back ground of a movie DB COOPER or on the web . some 1 snatch that up sounds like a gr8 mechanics special

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back