1962 Dodge lancer

-
If I may make a suggestion --- I don't think you are going to be happy having to do all that work to build a car that your wife wants, rather than the car that you want. It's your car; it's your project; and there are very few of these cars left, so you may never get the chance to build another one. Why not just tell the wifey that you are going to build it your way, and that she should just butt out and get her own project?

you have a valid point.. but she is the driver of this car.. i am happy just having another car in the herd.. i have built many many... many cars.. mostly more of a muscle car era 1965 ish to 1971 ish type cars.. I am ok changing gears and doing it this way.. plus.. there just might be a couple of performance upgrades (wink wink)

I'm jealous! That is so nice! That's going to be a ton of fun.

yea.. this will be a fun one.. i have a time table in my head on how long it will take me to finish....

anyone care to guess.. (be realistic)
1. money isnt an issue for this project..
2. will do most of it myself..
3. hope i dont burn out

Oh man, We'll all have our feelings on this one. My wife has always put up with my projects and actually supported me in ever way. She's a car gal and loves the Mopars. The first time I met her she was dating a guy who bought my best friend's SuperBee. It wasn't until after we were married that we put two and two together on that one. I remembered admiring his very cute girlfriend.

Anyway, she has always wanted a convertible bug and we found a great solid project car. It's my project (she'll help with what she can) but it's her dream car and she will be the driver so it will be built the way she wants it. She's my best bud so it's the least I can do for her after almost 29 years of putting up with the donkey who is me.

Oh man, We'll all have our feelings on this one. My wife has always put up with my projects and actually supported me in ever way. She's a car gal and loves the Mopars. The first time I met her she was dating a guy who bought my best friend's SuperBee. It wasn't until after we were married that we put two and two together on that one. I remembered admiring his very cute girlfriend.

Anyway, she has always wanted a convertible bug and we found a great solid project car. It's my project (she'll help with what she can) but it's her dream car and she will be the driver so it will be built the way she wants it. She's my best bud so it's the least I can do for her after almost 29 years of putting up with the donkey who is me.

i hear ya.. there arent many women to put up with a guy like me.. this is her car.. she will be decision making as we go... nice story..... and my wife has a convertible.. she loves it... drives it a lot

I am doing my interior right now. Here are some shots of the door panels. Mine is wagon, but a 62 parts car I had last year had the door panels you have in yours. But I also agree that the gray stuf with the red dash is odd. And my 62 radio has black knobs.

The second photo is a bucket seat car but the pattern is a little closer to yours.

Attachments

• 1962 Dodge Lancer and Daltons coe 037.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 62_Lancer_Int.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 207
"It's my project (she'll help with what she can) but it's her dream car and she will be the driver so it will be built the way she wants it."

OK, but let me tell you a cautionary tale. The guy from whom I bought my '62 Valiant was restoring it for his daughter. At the outset, he asked her if she liked the car and she said yes. So he spent a lot of money fixing it up for her. However, by the time he got it all fixed up she didn't want to drive it anymore. She said it was too old, and she wanted a newer car.

So what are you going to do if you spend a lot of time and money to restore the car just the way she says she wants it, and then she decides she doesn't like it after all?

"Woman, she is fickle!" - Popeye the sailor.

Been together thirty years. You're just going to have to trust me on this one. I know my gal. Besides I didn't buy the car because it's my dream car and then try to sell her on it. She had one as a teenager and is no different than a lot of us guys finding and rebuilding and enjoying the cars of our youth. The key is not to try to force your dream on them.

Thanks for the cautionary words. This isn't our first project. We have done plenty disagreed about a lot. But I call it creative differences. My wife is a saint and keeps me grounded. FYI. Life is great

dash red, package tray red. seats TAN w cloth center? I AM Not sure how that goes together.. i am wondering if this was changed..black rubber mat... anyone have any pics of interior/door panels etc that i can use for reference?

I'll take some pics from mine for you and get them up in a week.

I have a '62 as well and have to also rebuild the door panels, so I have them out of the car for you. I don't have the arm rests though because they were no in the car when i got them. I'm trying to find a pair to put in the doors of my 2 door. :banghead:

Nice car, looks like my Brandt's flashy cousin!

I'll get the pics for you ASAP!

-
Back