-
Status
Not open for further replies.

davesgarage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for an oil pan for a 1962 Lancer with a 170 aluminum slant 6. My original one was damaged, I got another one that turned out to be late 60's pan and it will not even come close to fitting.

I'm in southern California but have no problem p:banghead:aying for shipping for the right pan.

Thanks,
Dave

Ship to 93065 business
:banghead:

I would try to reach Steve Mangante, a contributing writer for car craft magazine. there has been more than one story on that aluminum engine he has written in the mag over the years. he should either have a spare, or know where to find the correct one. Believe he is back in Massachusetts.

check with Mark (madmax/6) he's down in Long Beach, maybe he can assist.

post up some pics that will help-- I believe 62-66 a body slants should be the same. Doug Dutra has posted a photo depicting different oil pans & fitment issues-- just do not know where it is at the moment, Lawrence

I'm looking for an oil pan for a 1962 Lancer with a 170 aluminum slant 6.

Probably an aluminum 225 or an iron 170, but not an aluminum 170. There were a (very) few aluminum 170 prototypes in 1960, and a couple of those were installed in factory-owned cars leased to Chrysler Engineering employees for "real world" tests, but no aluminum 170s were made on a production basis. There were over 50,000 aluminum 225s made between mid '61 and early '63.

The oil pan you need is a '60-'66 A-body item as per that slantsix.org link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back