1964 1965 Cuda *HUBCAP* buyer's guide?

-

VALIANTresearch

Reaction score
Hello - new here, still fumbling around trying to learn about the 1964-65s. Thaks for the help on here so far.

Been shopping for a straight set of 1965 Barracuda wheel covers (originals).
Ebay, etc. just to see what the differences were.
Been told different things on the 1964-65 style.

Read somewhere that the center is slightly different between the 2 years?

Of course on ebay a lot of people have them that dont know what they are, so they are, "1964-67". Like when someone has 1955 Chevy ones they think are "1955-57". So no good help there.

So I am asking the experts here - Can we please get some good photos to show the differences? Is It, 1964, 1965, and 1966 is slightly different again?

Thanks again!

Getting a car ready to sell as a driver at the Mopar show in March.

Oh - I mean the 1965 14", I guess.

That site - Thanks - yeah, they are good if you know what you are looking at, yourself.
You cannot rely on their I.D.s. I know from the years of Chevy cars I have looked on their site for.
They might have the right item, but they have it misidentified a lot. Which is fine to me, if I know what it is.
Good to know they are okay to deal qwith...once I know what I am looking at.

They show a "1964-65" and a "1965" that look the same.

...what's the breakdown on these things.

Interesting. My experience with them is 100% correct item in near NOS condition.

Looking here
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml

64 only had 13s.

So the 65, 14" (CHR560 @ http://www.hubcaps.org/barracuda.html) would be the correct one as listed. It has the early center design.

The (66, 14") CHR557 @ http://www.hubcaps.org/barracuda.html has the redesigned center.
The '65 Valiant used another 14" wheel cover also but I don't know if it was an option on the Barracuda or not. It's # 572 in the Hollander manual which is the same number as hubcaps.org uses. look under the Valiant listing to get a photo.

When looking for 64-66 wheelcovers, the centers are just held in by bent over tabs. If you find 1966 14's you can swap out the center with a 64 or 65 center from a 13" wheel cover. 14's are pretty hard to find, the ONLY difference between a 13 and a 14 is the clips that hold them on the wheel.

Here are two types of 1964/1965 Barracuda /Valiant hub caps.

Attachments

• CIMG0588.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_5879.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 286
I can't make out the hub cap but the wheel cover is for a '65 Valiant with 13" wheels. The '65 Barracuda had one with a spinner in that style as well as the exposed lug nut type wheel covers.

I can't make out the hub cap but the wheel cover is for a '65 Valiant with 13" wheels. The '65 Barracuda had one with a spinner in that style as well as the exposed lug nut type wheel covers .

My survivor '65 "S" had the 14 fake mag with exposed long nuts, like the pic. and my centers rattled, all 4 of 'em. Spinners would be cool.

-
Back