1964 dart front susp. questions

-
Reaction score
I bought a front end rebuild kit from pst and i have a couple questions,and their tech support is close today till monday.
1. strut rod bushings are not anywhere close to what came out per pic has anyone used this bullet type,wich end goes forward???

2. The idler arm came with one dust cover and thick rubber washer. now the old one had a dust cover on both ends. So mine question is what end does the dust cover go on????

sure don`t want screw up on the bushing and have to pull the lca again.

thank you
Moe

Attachments

• strut rod bushings (Custom).JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 136
  • idler arm (Custom).JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 135
The idler arm is correct as pictured with the felt washer on that side and grease boot on the other end.

I would return the strut rod bushings and get the Moog style if it were mine. Much better design and similar to what you removed Part #K7040

The idler arm is correct as pictured with the felt washer on that side and grease boot on the other end.

I would return the strut rod bushings and get the Moog style if it were mine. Much better design and similar to what you removed Part #K7040

Thanks for that info, seeing I bought this as a kit don't think I can return just the bushings. I just need to know wich direction the pointed end goes and if I use the
Washers I have.
Thanks, Moe

I believe from the factory they were installed with the tapered end forward but I don't think it really matters once they're installed. They get squeezed into a different shape when they're bolted against the washers and K-member.

I bought a front end rebuild kit from pst and i have a couple questions,and their tech support is close today till monday.
1. strut rod bushings are not anywhere close to what came out per pic has anyone used this bullet type,wich end goes forward???

2. The idler arm came with one dust cover and thick rubber washer. now the old one had a dust cover on both ends. So mine question is what end does the dust cover go on????

sure don`t want screw up on the bushing and have to pull the lca again.

thank you
Moe
Once you tighten up the nut on the strut you'll find that the bushings will squeeze down and look like the ones you took off. Bill

-
Back