1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
G 50 K.jpg

Here's my little hot curve electronic skribbidy. It turned out real good. I need to find a good ignition module and I may go ahead and convert Vixen now instead of waiting on the new engine. It will have 12* mechanical at the crank and I put one light and one medium sprAng in it.

IMG_20210729_163912.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my little hot curve electronic skribbiby. It turned out real good. I need to find a good ignition module and I may go ahead and convert Vixen now instead of waiting on the new engine. It will have 12* mechanical at the crank and I put one light and one medium sprAng in it.

View attachment 1715773050
Vixen will not know what to do, Rob!

Got the original axle out and going in with the "new" one. Should have it runnin and drivin again by tomorrow. It's so dang hot here, I'm just goin like 15 minutes at the time.

DSCF1560.JPG

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. Can only work in the mornings before the garage gets too hot.

I do have one of those portable A/C units. It has the exhaust hose on it and I cut a hole through the side of the shop for it. It works good after the sun goes down, but won't touch it during the day with no insulation in this metal building.

Got the original axle out and going in with the "new" one. Should have it runnin and drivin again by tomorrow. It's so dang hot here, I'm just goin like 15 minutes at the time.

View attachment 1715773073

Looks like you have it on the run , you be careful old man, don't let this heat hurt you, is easy to do at our age.

20210729_142811.jpg

Now all I got left is bleedin brakes and puttin the wheels back on.

So, what's up with the new rear end? Different gears or Sure Grip maybe? Or maybe the old one was singing the death knell...lol :eek:. I'm sure it's hotter there than it is here, and it's been hotter'n the hinges of hell here the last few days! I have started keeping a gallon milk jug full of water in my little garage fridge just to stay hydrated with.

Its been a scorcher here, but I get the most done in the heat. I keep busy because I keep thinking that in just a few short months its going to be freezing again and getting dark at 4 p.m. and I will be hating every minute of it, waiting for my beloved blast furnace weather to return. So don't waste any car working days. :usflag:

So, what's up with the new rear end? Different gears or Sure Grip maybe? Or maybe the old one was singing the death knell...lol :eek:. I'm sure it's hotter there than it is here, and it's been hotter'n the hinges of hell here the last few days! I have started keeping a gallon milk jug full of water in my little garage fridge just to stay hydrated with.

Naw the original one is fine. It'a an open 2.93 and the new one has the Dana Powerlock sure grip with 3.90 gears.

Its been a scorcher here, but I get the most done in the heat. I keep busy because I keep thinking that in just a few short months its going to be freezing again and getting dark at 4 p.m. and I will be hating every minute of it, waiting for my beloved blast furnace weather to return. So don't waste any car working days. :usflag:

Well you have at it. lol

Rear end is done. I gotta get 5 RH lug nuts tomorrow then I can go drive it.

Here's my little hot curve electronic skribbidy. It turned out real good. I need to find a good ignition module and I may go ahead and convert Vixen now instead of waiting on the new engine. It will have 12* mechanical at the crank and I put one light and one medium sprAng in it.

View attachment 1715773050
Is that an HEI conversion? Been trying to figure out what electronic ignition to do in my dart, the points work, just not as well as I'd like.

Is that an HEI conversion? Been trying to figure out what electronic ignition to do in my dart, the points work, just not as well as I'd like.

Nope. It's a stock Mopar electronic distributor I rebuilt and modified.

View attachment 1715773073

You need to figure a way to put huge oversize gutters on the shop, then set a sprinkler system up on the peak and let the water run down and recover what's left in the gutters. A big frickin swamp cooler

You need to figure a way to put huge oversize gutters on the shop, then set a sprinkler system up on the peak and let the water run down and recover what's left in the gutters. A big frickin swamp cooler

That has possibilities. lol

I have a pair of sprinklers on my shop roof, spinners that adjust down to a mist, it drops my temp down an easy 20 degrees Rusty, that metal roof is a giant iron man, I need a rain bird timmer so it turns on for 3 minutes and off for 10.

Looking forward to the reply on the get up and go your gears give you :thumbsup:
On long trips just throw on those taller tires:D

Test driven. Boy is it ever a LOT quicker. It actually wants to hook up more, of course. I could make it roast um, but I'm afraid now I'll break somethin. lol It has a very, very, VERY light whine on decel, but I'm callin it good. It could simply be because it's turnin the drive shaft so much faster. More likely, the pinion depth is out just a skosh, but I'm leavin well enough alone. I'll have to get Kitty to shoot another video next time we take Vixen to town. Kitty's not feelin good today, so it probably won't happen today. I'm callin it a huge success!

-
Back