1965 273 HiPo Resonator

• Thread starter Deleted member 38666
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 38666

Does anyone manufacture a resonator that comes close to the resonator used on the 1965 273 HiPo systems used on the 65 dart charger or Plymouth Commando? Getting to where I will be assembling the car, and would like to get the needed parts on my 65 Dart Charger clone. Thanks. Old Dart 66

Does anyone manufacture a resonator that comes close to the resonator used on the 1965 273 HiPo systems used on the 65 dart charger or Plymouth Commando? Getting to where I will be assembling the car, and would like to get the needed parts on my 65 Dart Charger clone. Thanks. Old Dart 66
You can find them on Ebay or buy reproduced ones from Accurate! They looks great to me.

Dales Cuda as well. Mine looks great. Better if it was on the car. 235 I believe is what I paid

1529603495135594146978.jpg

Another shot. I don't remember when the car came out but from photos I've seen, this looks nice

1529603537958983446623.jpg

15296035862921262649632.jpg

yeah, Accurate is producing them, now. I have never heard the sound of the new ones, and I haven't heard an original one in years, but I do remember really liking the sound of the old ones, back in the day. They sounded mean and nasty in a really good way.

yeah, Accurate is producing them, now. I have never heard the sound of the new ones, and I haven't heard an original one in years, but I do remember really liking the sound of the old ones, back in the day. They sounded mean and nasty in a really good way.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, some on ebay, used, were $400.00. Gotta be a better way. Thanks. Yes, the sound was unique to those cars. Mean. Best, Old Dart 66

The Accurite LTD ones are nice. I haven't seen a original to compare though. They sound good too. If I had been smart, I would have had a straight pipe made to replace the muffler just to see how loud it was with just the resonator. @65dartcharger , Were the first 65's assembled without a muffler? I heard rumor of that.

The Accurite LTD ones are nice. I haven't seen a original to compare though. They sound good too. If I had been smart, I would have had a straight pipe made to replace the muffler just to see how loud it was with just the resonator. @65dartcharger , Were the first 65's assembled without a muffler? I heard rumor of that.

Thanks Toolman. Soon to assemble the car, and I want to do it right. Appreciate the comment. Old Dart 66

Tha exhaust system was a straight through until November of 1964. The resonator was black without stainless steel tip. They jad lots of issues from the Police due to too noicy. However Chrysler used the inventory up to February of 1965 when the "new" system was ised.

Tha exhaust system was a straight through until November of 1964. The resonator was black without stainless steel tip. They jad lots of issues from the Police due to too noicy. However Chrysler used the inventory up to February of 1965 when the "new" system was ised.
Thanks Ulf.

-
Back