1965 barracuda help!!

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 65, 273 barracuda that I can't find the power steering pump and brackets. Is there any other conversion that will work.

Big block to small block conversion on the power steering pump? In a jam...

Thanx

I lost you on the "big block" reference. Do you need a pump for your original 273?

You should be able to get one almost free since so many people convert to manual steering. The power steering pump for that year is a TRW. The later Federal pump looks similar, with a round reservoir, but they don't interchange. You can get new brackets several places ~$50, maybe Bouchillon, just search "Mopar" + "TRW" + "brackets". I rebuilt my TRW pump, which is easy with a pulley puller (HF). I ended up not using it since I switched to the later aluminum water pump (no brackets exist for that). Not selling it since it fits my Newport.

I have an extra manual column The the harness has been cut and put back together but otherwise it's in good shape :D

I have a power steering pump bracket steering box and hoses. I was told it was from a 65 barracuda when I bought it. Looks to be in good shape. I was going to put it in mine but decided to stay with manual due to header clearance problems. I would like to get $100.00 plus the ride.

Why do you need power steering? My 65 Formula S is manual drives nice and can use one hand or a couple fingers to steer! No need for power steering if it is aligned straight and the front end is set up correctly I see no issues what so ever! I was out driving the other day when the weather was nice here in Chicago Northside and I just loved the ride! People were double taking me and my love riding along with the windows down and going what kinda car is that?? So many cannot remember the big glass in the back window it drives them crazy! I just pedal to the metal and pass them as they go wow that car can fly!!

65 Cudalover!!

-
Back