1965 Barracuda in a movie?

-
Reaction score
Does anyone know the origin of the picture with a silver '65 Formula S shown with a guy who looks like Dean Jones from the '60's Disney movies, 2 girls and a Cessna airplane? It sure looks like an out take from a movie. If you search Google images for 1965 Barracuda it should show up. I'll try to attach the image. Thanks

That is the photo from the 1964 Chrysler Corporation Annual Report to Stockholders.
The Annual Reports came out after the end of the calendar year and always included a few photos of cars for the following model year. Usually, the photos for the Annual Reports were different than photos used in any advertizing or brochures. Frequently, the photos in the Annual Report were nicer than any other factory photos (though in some years the cars are barely even seen in the annual reports).
Also, since the Annual Reports were printed on heavy high quality paper, you could just about tear the pages right out of the book and they would be suitable for framing.

There was also one in "The Wraith" A 65 I think in several scenes.

It was a '66 in The Wraith. Cool movie, under-rated. I think they called it "the Tuna". I wouldn't mind driving the Wraith car either!

Attachments

• tuna.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 105
-
Back