1965 cuda fell in ditch help

-
Hard to say why it's not revving up now. While you're doing the alternator belt, have a good look around to make sure nothing in jammed into the motor after your venture off road.

On the alternator you should have a mounting bolt top and bottom. On the slant six I think the stationary bolt is on the bottom and the adjuster rod top. The 273 is the other way around.

Loosen both. The stationary just loosen a little. Then you might get something like a wooden broom handle to pry the alternator so the belt tightens up a little. You don't want it too tight, then while you're holding it tight, have a buddy tighten both bolts. When you're done you want to be able to move the belt up and down about a 1/4 of an inch.

There should be some youtube videos out there that will help.
yea i fixed the rev problem it was exactly what you said about the alternator belt. i hit it hard so it loosened it a bit but i fixed it now i got a leak in the radiator haha. well about the bumper I'm not trying to send it to a body shop i would like to do it myself with a rubber hammer would that work?

Heres the pics im not sure what i was supposed to take pics of i did them all

Attachments

• photo 3-6.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 219
  • photo 4-6.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 212
  • photo 5-4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 204
  • photo 1-5.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 211
  • photo 5-3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 216
  • photo 4-5.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 203
  • photo 2-6.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 204
  • photo 1-6.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 215
what do you mean?

The hole I see in the pic looks to have been kinked as they are the collapse point put there just for this reason. They collapse when pushed back in a wreck. As far as you fixing the fender put a come along somewhere on the front and tap the highest point of the dent as you are pulling and it should come out. The frame on the other hand if its bent it will take more work.

The hole I see in the pic looks to have been kinked as they are the collapse point put there just for this reason. They collapse when pushed back in a wreck. As far as you fixing the fender put a come along somewhere on the front and tap the highest point of the dent as you are pulling and it should come out. The frame on the other hand if its bent it will take more work.
can i get more details please? i should start from highest point?

Go look again tomorrow real good, comparing how the damaged side looks compared to the good side, a flashlight will help, I bet you will see.

is it bad tho? should i leave it or not?

Sorry, I don't know myself...just suggesting how you might find it. Don't worry, a more knowledgeable member than me will have advice for you. Try and get a really good pic of what's messed up under there so they can help you.

i still don't see it ??

That side of the rail should be flat ,no waves or buckles of any sort. Pictures can be really deceiving but looks as if the rail is kicked up. Car needs measured and an alignment check for a proper diagnosis.

I can honestly say I've never heard of a car "falling" into a ditch.:???: Was it drunk or what ?
No unfortunately my right tire popped and jerked me to the right on a 1 way street. It went right into the ditch about like a foot or 2 deep. Sucked man

I think you should go for an alignment as previously suggested and they'll let you know how bad the damage is.

-
Back