1965 dart 270 convertible no electrical power

-

kakenk

Reaction score
the battery cables on my dart are set up as black for positive and red for negative. i just got the car and it had a dead battery. i went to hook up the charger and quickly realized that i was going by cable color not terminal markings. as i started to toich the negative terminal i got a spark before i made the connection. prior to my screw-up the car would turn over and start. now i have nothing, it won't turn over and the lights won't come on. does anyone know which fuse i blew up and where it is located? the car is a 65 dart.

i found a similar problem on another post but didnt want to add my issue for fear of high jacking the othe post. my 270 is a low milage survivor and the wiring has not been modified. i checked continuities and voltage for the battery cables, the fusible link and the wire from the starter relay to the battery. everything checks out ok. i then replaced the starter relay and the ballast. the car still wont crank and the lights wont come on. the battery is new but just to double check i took the battery out and had it tested. the battery tested good. what am i overlooking. any help is appreciated

-
Back