1965 Dart Gt 904 Trans Shift Cable Help.

-
I am going to try 65 with factory magnum shifter cable first but may end up with B&M cable if factory parts dont work. Nice to know there is a back up plan with Hurst shifter as well. Thanks guys and I will be sharing soon.

I am going to try 65 with factory magnum shifter cable first but may end up with B&M cable if factory parts dont work. Nice to know there is a back up plan with Hurst shifter as well. Thanks guys and I will be sharing soon.

Keep an eye out for Pocket Aces who may be posting drawings on the brackets which he fabricated. Having these drawings alone, with the description of the shifter and the cables he used would certainly solve the problem for us all. As I stated, Imperial seems like a dead end search; apparently, in my inquiry to them, they are not longer providing the kit. Good luck on your build. Old Dart 66

I put a 1984 Lockup 904 into my 65 dart, but the shift linkage solution is the same as your 66.

Here's a link to my thread. The very last post covers the shifter cable solution I came up with. I used a B&M cable. Since the post I've put about 500 miles on the car. So far it's worked flawlessly.

A998 w/ Lockup in a 65 Dart with 273

I mocked up both brackets with cardboard before I made them in metal. I still have the cardboard templates. Let me see what I can do regarding getting them posted.

I've posted pictures of the bracket templates over on my thread. Link above.

-
Back