1965 Dart GT "Charger 273"

-
so from what you see with this fender tag, is there anything special or rare about this car?
273 Hp+4-speed. Produced 7 days before the announcement of 65 Dart. But the most rare is that it is the earliest car in my register with white/gold interior. Earlier was November 15 which makes it unique!

is anyone familiar with the grommets that appear to be missing on my factory finned valve covers for the plug wires holders?
They are available in the aftermarket. look on Mega Parts USA website. I would provide you with the link but I'm not close to my computer

Are these grommets the ones that fold in half over the plug wire? I have the black valve covers with the aluminum finned inserts. None of the grommets are there right now so I’m not sure what they are supposed to look like

Are these grommets the ones that fold in half over the plug wire? I have the black valve covers with the aluminum finned inserts. None of the grommets are there right now so I’m not sure what they are supposed to look like
I'll find them for you.

RT Specialties has them for $5.00 each. Hey wait, why am I looking them up? Google "273 plug wire insulator"

I sent the radiator out to be recored, and I am rebuilding the carburetor. After I get the radiator back I am going to try to start it for the first time in about 10 years . Saturday afternoon should be a pretty exciting day

Those are the ones that I thought they might be. But I was not sure because I did not have any old ones to look at .
Here's my HP 273. (I use the name HP273. It is less confusing than "Charger 273" name.) Have you cruised through my 273 build? The link is at the bottom of this page.

engine 286.jpg

I sent the radiator out to be recored, and I am rebuilding the carburetor. After I get the radiator back I am going to try to start it for the first time in about 10 years . Saturday afternoon should be a pretty exciting day
Have you replaced the fuel tank and lines. Mine was very rusty and every week I had to change the fuel filter. I would pour the gas out and it would be orange with rust. You can run yours with a fresh carb but check and change the fuel filter often. The fuel takk and lines are one of the best things I ever did to my car. I guarantee you will be replacing it sometime anyway. Mine is over 10 years old and I haven't had any issues.

The tank is coming down tomorrow. I’m curious to see what’s inside. I’ve only had the car for 1 week. It’s a little overwhelming every time I discover something else that needs attention. It will all come with time I know but I’d like to here it run and drive it before the snow flies here.

The tank is coming down tomorrow. I’m curious to see what’s inside. I’ve only had the car for 1 week. It’s a little overwhelming every time I discover something else that needs attention. It will all come with time I know but I’d like to here it run and drive it before the snow flies here.
The 10 year old gas has turned to varnish. It is still combustible but not nice stuff to pump through your newly rebuilt carb.

Only modification was I had a harness made to use solid state regulator, 65 amp alternator and electronic ignition from the 1973 up a-body.

Hi 65dartcharger, Is it you who is maintaining a registry of A bodies? I am new to the site and love the enthusiasm. I inherited my parent's Charger Dart. Yes, One owner. I remember I was 5 years old, riding in the back and trying to hold between the bucket seats when my Dad punched it. Caught me off guard so I went a flyin'. I guess that's when I got hooked on Muscle Cars. Wondering where my VIN stands with respect to earliest build. L455143471. Thank you, ChargerKG

Hi 65dartcharger, Is it you who is maintaining a registry of A bodies? I am new to the site and love the enthusiasm. I inherited my parent's Charger Dart. Yes, One owner. I remember I was 5 years old, riding in the back and trying to hold between the bucket seats when my Dad punched it. Caught me off guard so I went a flyin'. I guess that's when I got hooked on Muscle Cars. Wondering where my VIN stands with respect to earliest build. L455143471. Thank you, ChargerKG
Cool story! Do you have a picture of the fendertag?

-
Back