1965 Dart owners thread!

-
Here's my new baby a factory 273 "charger" GT that hasent been molested!!!

Attachments

• Picture0810130732_1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 816
  • Picture0810130733_1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 812
  • Picture0810130731_1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 803
  • Picture0810130730_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 796
Hey Greg I just picked up the same seats you have but in black. Question what did you do as far as install brackets and did you have to raise the bases of them up so you are not sitting on the floor. Mine came with early mustang brackets which I can modify if I need to. How do you like them? They look sweet. Would it be possible for you to get me some shots of the base of the seats and where you drilled the brackets. Thanks man

I dealt with the mounting bracket problem by making some L shaped brackets cut out of heavy wall steel rectangular tubing. You will have four different heights when done. If you start at the front next to the trans tunnel, that is the shortest, followed by the other front, then the tunnel side rear, and door side rear. The shortest one moves the factory multi slot tab up about one inch off the floor, which in my case is about right, but may be a bit low for some tastes. The seats are very comfortable, and the material is excellent quality and has the feel of fine leather. You can also buy the exact same material from PROCAR, which is what I did for the rest of the interior.

Finally got the top on... Yes I see the wrinkles. Ou live and you learn first time putting a top on and couldn't afford what they wanted to charge. It's a driver and I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• image-1446732355.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 728
Finally got the top on... Yes I see the wrinkles. Ou live and you learn first time putting a top on and couldn't afford what they wanted to charge. It's a driver and I'm happy with it.

That's the only thing that counts. It's your car!

:burnout:

here is mine just picked up a couple months back. looking for a few things still but have already purchased most of the missing trim including great condition used gt emblems, and side vents. plan is going to make it look factory again but with a modern twist. slammed, 17 inch wheels, 3g hemi.

just so i could get a idea..

Here's mine so far! I've gotten most of the dashboard items working, and I'm swapping in a 225 this weekend, along with getting the radiator flushed, blah blah blah...

Attachments

• Hood 8.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 686
This weekend after mats.

Attachments

• 20140413_175701_20140414065525890_20140414065825637.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 607
Yes, I live here and miss going every third year pretty consistenlty. This is the first year I had the dart there since 2007

Anyone here on FABO heard of the 1965 Barracuda with 65 Dart front clip? I've talked with several people about these cars but never seen one!

This the same car as in post #7.

Attachments

• IMG_1261 (Custom).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_1258 (Custom).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_1260 (Custom).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 579
Easyrider that looks bitchin as hell. Can't wait to get mine back on the road. It should be a handful with the 426 stroker in it. I managed to squeeze 13 inch wide tires in the back with the mini tubbs. Is your interior going beige or black with beige accents? I'm also contemplating going with a fabric material top with glass window if possible. After about 10 years the clear material started to discolor.

Easyrider that looks bitchin as hell. Can't wait to get mine back on the road. It should be a handful with the 426 stroker in it. I managed to squeeze 13 inch wide tires in the back with the mini tubbs. Is your interior going beige or black with beige accents? I'm also contemplating going with a fabric material top with glass window if possible. After about 10 years the clear material started to discolor.

What's the status right now?

Nice black drop top. Makes me think I should paint mine black! lol

1965 dodge dart GT. 45k miles Original 273 4spd has 318 in it now but original 273 engine is on the shelf. Was my dads car he drove when he was a kid. Last time it ran and drove was 1981. We winched it out of the back barn last week. Engine turned over, tossed a battery in all the lights worked! Got the carb unstuck, and ran a hose to a gas can and we tried to start it but wasn't getting spark points r really bad but with some messing around got it to work and the car fired right up like it hasn't been sitting for 30 years!! Car has been sitting on the rims for all that time tires r just rotted but we took them off and cleaned the rims up and the tires held air so the car is back on it's tires! We actually drove it to my place which is about 2 miles from my dads! Just totally unbelievable!! Another Mopar surviver!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 381
At the track. Best 8.76 153 mph
Randy Bolig from MoparMuscle shooting for the article, June 2002
Last photo, just finished the build, 1997.

Attachments

• PB300099.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 390
  • Dart pics + others 131.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Dart pics + others 091.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 378
1965 dodge dart GT. 45k miles Original 273 4spd has 318 in it now but original 273 engine is on the shelf. Was my dads car he drove when he was a kid. Last time it ran and drove was 1981. We winched it out of the back barn last week. Engine turned over, tossed a battery in all the lights worked! Got the carb unstuck, and ran a hose to a gas can and we tried to start it but wasn't getting spark points r really bad but with some messing around got it to work and the car fired right up like it hasn't been sitting for 30 years!! Car has been sitting on the rims for all that time tires r just rotted but we took them off and cleaned the rims up and the tires held air so the car is back on it's tires! We actually drove it to my place which is about 2 miles from my dads! Just totally unbelievable!! Another Mopar surviver!!

Awesome car & great that it was your dads back in the day.
I like cars with original long term owners.

In 1965 Chrysler sold two wagons and two convertibles new in Sweden. I bought this wagon and used it as a daily driver from 1992 to 1997. No problems with it. 225, automatic and factory radio! I even took the youngest kids on a camping trip with it. The other wagon was remodeled to a delivery in early 1980ies.

The convertible is one of two sold new in Sweden. I bought it in 1984 and kept it until 2007 when I bought my Dartcharger convertible. 23 years! It was green metallic when I bought it but after two years I had it repainted with bright red. The other convertible was totalled in 1967 on the highway outside Stockholm.

In the background is my brother Sven-Eriks Dart GT with 273 and console shifted automatic transmission. Sold new in Sweden.

Last picture is my first 65 Dart. Bought in 1980 when I was 17 and kept it until i bought the convertible in 1984. Drag raced it with a 340 with dual Holleys and 727 backed up with a 8 1/4 rearend. Good old Days!

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 017.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 014.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 307
my brothers gt, original paint 30k on the clock

Attachments

• brians 65 3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 303
-