1965 Dart Windshield Gasket - Seeking Recommendation

-

schmoe

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased a windshield gasket and chrome lock strip from Steele.

The seal is not large enough to extend over the window pillar and roof lip. It just curls inside the window opening - looking terrible. - And it also leaks water...

Has anyone had experience with another manufacturer that would solve these 2 problems?

Thanks,
Joe

Hello,

I purchased a windshield gasket and chrome lock strip from Steele.

The seal is not large enough to extend over the window pillar and roof lip. It just curls inside the window opening - looking terrible. - And it also leaks water...

Has anyone had experience with another manufacturer that would solve these 2 problems?

Thanks,
Joe

have you talked with Steele?

We put a Steele gasket, along with a Chinese new windshield, into my daughters 66 cuda, and it fit nicely, no leaks. Of course, the installer put in plenty of black sealant under the edge before he put the lockstrip in. I would call Steele before I did anything else. The are supposedly the best, and definitely the most expensive.

I have not talked to Steele. It has been about 8 months since installed. I am working with the company that did my glass work, to reinstall a new gasket.

I figured I would find another manufacturer that others have used on Darts without issues.

-
Back