1965 Dart

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm restoring a 65 Dart and need a set of NOS tires. Good Year 7.00 x 13 blackwall. They need to be mint. Anyone seen them lately?

Also looking for white armrests for the same car.

If anyone has them it will be Coker tire from Chattanooga, Tn.
Their website is coker.com and their phone number is 800-251-6336 They make reproductions of the old tires.

You sure dont want to drive around on 30-40 year old tires even if you could find them. LOL they would blow out and make nice scrap metal of your fenders.

If your car came with a 273 V8 the 7.00 x 13 is stock,
BUT, the 6.95 x 14 was an option.

The 7.00 x13 is not reproduced, but the 6.94 x 14 is.

The 14 inch small bolt pattern wheels should be fairly easy to find, as they were used thru 1972, on Dart, Valiant, Duster,
and 1965-1969 Barracuda.

The "Dog dish" small type hubcaps will work from 13" or 14 inch rims.

http://store.coker.com/product.php?productid=17268&cat=0&page=1

I know that the 6.95 x 14 was optional but my DartCharger came with Cragar S/S 13 x 6 with black walls. That's why I'm trying to find some NOS ones just for show

I know that the 6.95 x 14 was optional but my DartCharger came with Cragar S/S 13 x 6 with black walls. That's why I'm trying to find some NOS ones just for show

Good luck with finding a tire thats not reproduced, and was discontinued around 1970.

I would not recommend 40 year old tires for a long drive,
at highway speeds, but if you find some they will not be cheap,
especially to send to Europe.

Thats why I let you know about the 14" tires that are available.

Its nice to have options, and I am sorry that I have no
other ideas, except to check Ebay, or place an Ad in
Hemmings Magazine, but, alas, :(
I think you will find most people, {and some businesses}
will not ship outside of the 48 states USA.

If the exact tires are all thats keeping you from driving the car,
that is sad, just put plain wheels and tires on the car.

I went to a retired Tire Store owners house when I bought my Valiant,
he has some old tires in the attic of the Garage. I told him what I wanted,
some 7.00X13 tires, and he laughed, and said that he had not seen any of them in 30 years. He suggested going to the 14 inch rims and tires as an alternative, and he had 2 of the 14x 5.5 small bolt pattern steel rims,
in stock to sell me, Brand New. He looked in his file cabinet, and had bought those rims in 1971.

He did, also, however have some old tires for Model "T" Fords. LOL. ;)

Yeah, you're right. But these wheels and rims will just be there for show. I have a set of 14 inch rims with BF goodrich on them. But for show the 7.00x13 would be fine. I have one which is whitewall and it's NOS. All the knots are even there!

Yay one old piece of ____ tire that's 30 yrs old and worthless seeing as how tires are for driving on and the thing would probably blow out. But it's for show though I know how much I enjoy looking at old tires. maybe we should start a gallery how about old shoes as well, maybe old bolts too

haha! I know it my sound strange but the OEM judges is picky about everything! The tires would probably lose air after 10 minutes but for show it's a must!

Hi Dartcharger I have a 1965 Dart/charger also I could'nt fine any 13" cragers so I put the 14" Crager on it with the 65 ddart Charger correct center cap for the cragers it is the same emblem that is on the dash and frt fenders. When I got done wit it I won best A body at Spring fling a fwe years ago and won 1 place in Inland Mopars a few years ago I will send or down load some pictures of it when I did them up. It is a great car mine is a 4 speed with the 360 and the Judges cant tell the differance in the eng.

Hi Dart64gt! Nice to hear that there is more Dartchargers out there. I'm running a register on these cars. Can you send me a pm with all the info and I'll let you know all options etc for your car. A picture would be great. A 360 give you some more power then the standard 273 even with 4bbl. I have a almost ready convertible and a hardtop that I will start with in January. Enclosed is a picture. I have 14s on mine. The two set with 13x6 will be rechromed.

You don't know someone having a set of orginal tires? I just need them for show.

Moparbilder 087.jpg

-
Back