1965 DartCharger

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm working on a register for 1965 Dodge DartCharger. They were all produced at the LA plant in 1965. They all had a special badge on the front fenders and one badge on the dashboard beside the glovebox door. Most of them were painted yellow with painted roof, vinyl roof or convertible top. The engine was the 273 x 4bbl with automatic or 4-speed Hurst shifted manual transmission.

I'm working to start up a website for those who is interested in those cars.

So if you know any DartChargers out there or if you know of some salesstuff I would be more then glad if you could share the information with me.

Regards

Ulf Andersson
sweden

There were some photos of a really nice survivor DartCharge posted on one of the Mopar sites several months ago, but with this old-timers disease I seem to have, I'm damned if I can remember which site I saw it on. Oh, well, pass my medication please. :)

I saw one in a junk yard years ago, I remember thinking what the hell is this! It was yellow and still had the cragers on it. I was only 17 and didn't now any better! :sad1:

Enclosed is a picture of a DartCharger. The one you saw in a wrecking yard. Were was it? I might get the Vin # from it with the fendertag info.

There is a DartCharger for sale in LA. It was gold from the factory which is a one of a kind car.

Ulf

DartChargerfront.jpg

65dartcharger said:
Enclosed is a picture of a DartCharger. The one you saw in a wrecking yard. Were was it? I might get the Vin # from it with the fendertag info.

There is a DartCharger for sale in LA. It was gold from the factory which is a one of a kind car.

Ulf
This was about 13 years ago in eastern Colorado! I don't remember exactly.

I know that there is one or two on wrecking yards in northern California. But I don't know where! But hopefully there are some nice fellows out there that have some info

Anyone who has a set of white arm rest pads for 1965 Dart? They must be NOS.

There was one on ebay last year, pretty original looking. I think it was a white hardtop. I should have bought it...very cool!

I guess that's the one that I pictured. I think it was sold to Texas. I saw it for sale in the internet. A great car. Anyone seen any salesmaterial?

I was thinking that car is identical to the one in the mag down to the wheels and tires. I wonder why.

Lee

yeah ! I had two 65 dart chargers hardtops. Both California black plate cars. autos. one is still in wisconsin and the other went down south. Both yellow cars. one black interior other white and gold. Both had all the badges.
john in wisconsin

raggie scoop low shot 400pix.JPG

John! Do you have any VIN# or fendertag info or where to get hold of the owners? Thanks in advance /Ulf

I have one... used to be owned by John with the red Convertable.
They were all a light yellow color (which was not a standard 65 Dart color) and black vinyl top. I thought they all had white and gold interiors but it appears some may have been built with black interiors. They all had the 273 HiPo engine.
Not all the Darts with this color combination were Charger Darts. Attached is a photo of my first Dart, me and my now ex-wife circa 1969.

After installing new rear springssmall.jpg

Jims 65 Dodge Dart small.jpg

The Dart Chargers came in light yellow with black or white vinyl top. Same color for the convertibles. But during my research I have also found Dart Chargers that came in bright red and medium blue. Extremly rare!

However some of the Dart Chargers had their body color as the paint on the roof. But hopefully someone have some more info for this case

I'd like some more info and photo proof that the Charger Darts came in colors other than light yellow. The paint code is 999 on the fender tag indicating a special order color.
Where are the other Charger Darts located... any photos to share?

Jim

The Dart Chargers came in light yellow from the factory. All of them had 999 as paint code. However some of the cars that were painted light yellow also had the 881 paint code!

Then there is the cars that the dealers had in the invertory and then converted into Dart Chargers. They had the paint code for their color. That's the cars that used the factory sold kits.

The colors that I have found on other Dart Chargers except the factory 999 paint code cars are; light yellow, bright red and medium blue metallic.

Give me your email address and I'll send you the first issue of "The Dart Chargers Newsletter"

Ulf have you found any more gogo convertibles still exsisting and if so are you going to publish a registry of the charger and gogo cars? It would be really cool to someday get a large gathering of all of them together. Probably be a little hard for you to get yours to the states and not very cost effective though! Ha!

If I read right the yellow was the charger edition only. And somthing about a cut out in the back being special.

What I am rebuilding is a 65 dart gt. It was that commando yellow(didnt know it was special). Has manual steering. Manual drums around 10". 8.75 rear end with a 3.55 posi. Floor shift Auto. It has the V8 steering piece (stupid moment, the one between the upper and lower control arms that turns). And no cut out on the rear valance. Is it a special edition, I kinda hope not because the suspension is in it and nowhere near stock.

The yellow color did not mean it was a special edition or anything, however it didn't become a factory color until the spring of 65. So look on your option plate and on the color area it should either say 999 for special order, or 881 for yellow. I had a 65 Gt that was built July 2nd of 65 and it was a factory yellow with black interior slant six with a 904 on the floor.

-
Back