1965 Dodge Dart 270 2 dr sedan

-
Ulf,
I have a Comp Cam #20-246-4 in my 273. Works perfect with Edelbrock D4B intake manifold and Edelbrock 1406 (600 cfm) carb. Added to that Spitfire headers and domed pistons. I will follow your build /restoration with great interest.

Ulf,
I have a Comp Cam #20-246-4 in my 273. Works perfect with Edelbrock D4B intake manifold and Edelbrock 1406 (600 cfm) carb. Added to that Spitfire headers and domed pistons. I will follow your build /restoration with great interest.

You don't happen to have a video of it. What does it sound like?

Sounds good at idle, but really awesome above 2500 rpm.
I have a video with the engine idling, but how do I upload it?

I suppose the easiest way is to upload it to YouTube and then link to it here.

Hey, I think I saw your name on Rainy Day Auto's world FABO map, only a few km along E20 from me. Is that you?

I would love to hear it!

Here we go again. Glass beaded the k-frame and with a new coat of paint it looks new. Race cars didn't have power steering and this car will be no exception. The front end needs sone bushings and then I can assemble it.

Just a driver, yeah right!

Attachments

• DSC_0485.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC_0484.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC_0486.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 338
I suppose the easiest way is to upload it to YouTube and then link to it here.

Hey, I think I saw your name on Rainy Day Auto's world FABO map, only a few km along E20 from me. Is that you?

Yep, that's me. Living on the contryside 3 km south of Floda.
You are welcome to my garage, check my cars and "kick some tires".

Ulf,
I do not intend to hijack your thread, just want to upload this video.
Hope that is ok.

https://youtu.be/k_m0XJCJNfo

Nice sound on your car. I will have a "two in one system". I will build it like the Max wedge cars with a cut-out for a 2,5" muffler system and black off plates for open headers! I think it will be cool and noicy! If possible by solenoids for easy change. Not sure if someone sells that kind of products.

What carburator do you have on yours?

I would love to hear it!

Here we go again. Glass beaded the k-frame and with a new coat of paint it looks new. Race cars didn't have power steering and this car will be no exception. The front end needs sone bushings and then I can assemble it.

Just a driver, yeah right!

Even though it's a driver it needs to be safe. You'll do it right Ulf.

Nice sound on your car. I will have a "two in one system". I will build it like the Max wedge cars with a cut-out for a 2,5" muffler system and black off plates for open headers! I think it will be cool and noicy! If possible by solenoids for easy change. Not sure if someone seels that kind of products.

What carburator do you have on yours?

I have an Edelbrock 1406, 600 cfm.
Open headers, I hope I will have pleasure hear to hear the sound in the future.

Sure, hope to have it running in December. I did some painting and the washers for the strut rods look like new. However I found out I have the engine insulators but not the brackets!
:banghead:

Attachments

• DSC_0487.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 282
Sure, hope to have it running in December. I did some painting and the washers for the strut rods look like new. However I found out I have the engine insulators but not the brackets!
:banghead:

I have a set of brackets that look very similar to the 64-66 set I had powder coated by Leanna. I'll send you a picture to compare the two. If you think they'll work for you . . . .

I just sent a bunch of pictures to your email - enjoy!

Again - throw them in the box along with the other stuff if Ulf wants them, Don. :)

Unless you want them sooner of course, Ulf.

Again - throw them in the box along with the other stuff if Ulf wants them, Don. :)

Unless you want them sooner of course, Ulf.

Anders! Put it all together in one box to you and you can ship it on to me. Thanks buddy!:glasses7:

Anders! Put it all together in one box to you and you can ship it on to me. Thanks buddy!:glasses7:

I will put the motor mounts we talked about and the cam in Anders' box with the rest of his stuff that I couldn't fit in the first box (which is going out tomorrow)! Is there anything else I'm supposed to send you?

Thanks Don!

Today I made some progress besides excavating! I took of the rare propane engine heater and continue with the wiring harness, radiator, horns, relays, grilles, headlight etc. I will put it on wheel stands tomorrow.

I got this strange feeling today that I thought of glass beading the bolts for thr engine compartment. At least I know what finish they should have!

It feels great to start with a car that has never been apart. Bolts loses up easy.

Attachments

• DSC_0490.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_0491.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_0492.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC_0493.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 283
Thanks Don!

Today I made some progress besides excavating! I took of the rare propane engine heater and continue with the wiring harness, radiator, horns, relays, grilles, headlight etc. I will put it on wheel stands tomorrow.

I got this strange feeling today that I thought of glass beading the bolts for thr engine compartment. At least I know what finish they should have!

It feels great to start with a car that has never been apart. Bolts loses up easy.

I would have thought a propane heater would be kind of common in Sweden!

My wagon had never been apart so all the front end parts came apart with no problem at all - even the K Frame bolts!

Ulf,

I've never heard of Spitfire headers until this morning!! A close friend of mine offered a set for an early A-body. Not sure the Doug headers I have fit my car. Might be 67 and up!:banghead:

I will see when they show up.

If possible by solenoids for easy change. Not sure if someone sells that kind of products.

I've been looking for a thread I saw a While back here on FABO. It was a pic of the underside of a car (most likely a Dart) with cut-outs for open headers with solenoids like you describe. But I can't find it!

I know it's here somewhere! :banghead:

-
Back