1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Don! Is it possible to buy just the bracket? Otherwise I'll take the horn too. Then I can complete the horn and brackets.

I did some checking tonight. Today arrived the last bought dip stich tube for the transmission. After some work I found out that the tubes are different. The left one is from my 65 and the other one is from a 1966 Dart.

The 1966 tube is longer and the dip stick is longer too. The tube for 1965 is different bent compared to 1966.

So for you guys that put a 1966 tube with a 65 sip stick will have wrong level of oil in the tranny!

I will post a picture tomorrow. There is a problem with the Internet up here in northern Sweden.

Today arrived the bracket for the horn. It looked mint and after the glass beading procedure it is in excellent shape. Some paint and on to the horn. Can it be better? Now the horns are done.

Contined with some glass beading on bolts and nuts for the next shipment. I found some super nice screws for the windshield washer pump and now they look excellent too. They will do it with new finish. The parking brake unit needs some attention. I will disassemble it on Thursday. The heater box must be replaced. Some parts can be used but that's it.

Someone having an absolutly mint heater box for sale?

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 007.jpg

Hi Ulf, I pulled my heater box out of my 66 Valiant, it is super nice, I can post some pics of it if you need to see anything for refrence. It came out of the car when it had 52,000 miles, only thing wrong is the fresh air vent door came off which common, not sure if I want to sell it but would be happy to get you any info from it.

Hi Ulf, I pulled my heater box out of my 66 Valiant, it is super nice, I can post some pics of it if you need to see anything for refrence. It came out of the car when it had 52,000 miles, only thing wrong is the fresh air vent door came off which common, not sure if I want to sell it but would be happy to get you any info from it.

Keith! Any reference pictures would be great. Do you know of another heater box in mint condition? Look esecially for markings and stampings. I'm not sure on the right door since it's gone!!

I think you build is awesome I have a lot of respect for a guy that willclean and refrubish everything rather then just buying it new.

Ulf - I pulled a very nice condition heater box out of a 65 Dart. I will get some pictures for you tomorrow.

The only thing I could keep from the heater box is the blower! But during my work I found out that the distances is held in place with some kind of look clips. Never seen it before.

I stripped the parking brake units apart and found a bunch of stuff. I galss beaded everything and packed it up for new finish in US. The bolts that holds the bracket has a nut on the backside or on the backside of the instrument panel. I need a new one. Mine is too rusted. Anyone having one of these?

The pins for the light switch arrived today too. Looks nice.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

View attachment 008.jpg

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 007.jpg

View attachment 009.jpg

View attachment 010.jpg

The only thing I could keep from the heater box is the blower! But during my work I found out that the distances is held in place with some kind of look clips. Never seen it before.

I stripped the parking brake units apart and found a bunch of stuff. I galss beaded everything and packed it up for new finish in US. The bolts that holds the bracket has a nut on the backside or on the backside of the instrument panel. I need a new one. Mine is too rusted. Anyone having one of these?

The pins for the light switch arrived today too. Looks nice.

I think I have that bolt and nut too, I pulled my handle out too, I will check and get you pics of the whole assembly of you want, it is also very nice and totally original

Here are lots of pics, want more let me know. Its a little dirty, the vent door is not attached but I do have it, there are 2 holes where it came off. Not much for numbers or markings, I will double check for more. This came out of a 1966 Valiant, non a/c car.

DSC03753.jpg

DSC03752.jpg

DSC03748.jpg

DSC03749.jpg

DSC03750.jpg

DSC03754.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

DSC03759.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

That heater box Keith, seems to be in mint condition. Yeez, I wish I could find one of those. If someone have a box in comparable condition please let me know.

Today I got the pedal and the brackets from my buddy Emil. He did a great job. The parts seems like they just arrived from the manufacturer!

The bushings for the pedal is ready. Can hardly wait until tomorrow.....

The paint had dried on the cover ring for the heather box and looks like new.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 550
  • 003.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 582
  • 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 550
  • 001.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 597
OK, when I get through the box with the parts I forgot to check out the details. Bingo, I found out that the brake light switch is date coded. Check it out! This means that the switch was made 484 or week 48 of 1964. I just need to replace the switch socket.

View attachment 005.jpg

The brake pedal arm turned out just fine. There seems to be differences between LA built cars and Detroit/St Louis built cars. LA cars doesn't have a sharp edge with the black paint on the brake pedal arm.

I replaced the switch with a NOS one in the bracket so now it looks like new. With new bolts and the wiring clips I did the assembling the pedal set up I'm satisfied with the result.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 005.jpg

View attachment 006.jpg

Started with the rear crossmember this morning. It looks like a mess with too much dirt and oil from +40 years. Some cleaning will do if before glass beading and a new shot of paint. The rear mount is worn out. The rubber looks like ****.

This will be it for the next week. I'm out of here for a vacation.

View attachment 001.jpg

After reading the latest Mopars Collectors Guide with Frank Badalson and the dissecting of a suvivor Duster I found out that I need some help too.

1. Does anyone have a NOS or mint used trunk mat for sale?

2. What finish did the jack bar had, yellow dichromate or silver cadmium?

3. What color was the rachet portion on the jack bar?

4. What color were the jack handle and the base?

5. Does anyone have an untouched car with pictures of the engine block drain plugs? Should they be painted or not? Mine seems to have been painted.

Thanks for any help

I got the next shipment today from US with newly reworked stuff. The finish looks absolutely great.

Started on the light switch. I need to fabricate a seat for the stud so I don't broke the bakelite body!

I also got another Ebay package. A NOS transmission mount in super condition. However I found out that it had the wrong date code. This one is manufactured in February of 1966. So if someone needs a new transmission mount this one is for sale.

So still looking for a new tranmission mount!

View attachment 565.jpg

View attachment 569.jpg

View attachment 568.jpg

View attachment 566.jpg

View attachment 567.jpg

Continued with the foot switch for the headlights. I need to find a new one. RBM seems to be the manufacturer of them. The hat should be silver cad and the body some kind of brown color.

The windshield wiper switch has a partnumber and a date code as well. In this case 1704 which can mean 170 day of 1964 but mostly possible is week 17 of 1964. In that case an early switch.

All of them has a yellow decal on the back side with 17 on inblack printing.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 498
  • 005.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 509
  • 002.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 468
I glued the spring to the porcelin body with Super Epoxy. Seems to work well. I need to sand down so the main body gets contact.

But after some adjustments I think this one will work out just great.

View attachment 001.jpg

-
Back