1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Ulf it´s right you need this parts with stamped W

attachment.jpg

Yes, those are the ones that I need! I have glass beaded ones to trade for if some one is interested.

I started to assemble the spindles with the brakes. Looking good. Tomorrow I will put in the bolts with the new nuts. The gasket in foam was difficult to produce. But after some cutting I felt the result was ok.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

Hey Ulf, my 66 Valiant has a W and a N stamped on my door striker, is that a new one for you? I will get some pics up if you want!

Hey Ulf, my 66 Valiant has a W and a N stamped on my door striker, is that a new one for you? I will get some pics up if you want!

Post a picture. Is you're car produced in LA, Detriot or St Louis? What production date? I have W stamped into the striker but my Detroit built Dart has O stamped into it in the lower part. Can they have changed supplier?

Don't know where it was built, I never decoded it cause my car is nothing fancy. Where would it tell me on an early-a, is this on the fender tag? Build sheet?

Here are some pics of the left side striker, both sides have the same stamp.

DSC04099.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

Keith! Send me a PM with your VIN# and I'll tell you where it's built. To me it seems like the upper right screw is higher then mine. Or is it a slight diofference in the striker. It might be a little more curvy on your striker and mine has more sharp corners.

I'm in the process of restoring the rear end. I have tried my very best to find all the grease marks, paint splots etc. Anyone having a 65 A-body with markings on the rear end, the rear springs or the rear shock polates? Any help is very much appriciated.

I continued with the rear end today. The cover was painted black and the clip holding the brake line above the cover was left natural.

The rear springs have six leafs. The shortest one was cut just after the shock plates. The rear leaf spring package has a date code. 287 day of 1964 or 287 can be the last three digits on the partnumber. Need to get into that.

The shock plates seems to have been left natural or sand stone shaked. The washers holdning the shock was yellow dichromated and the nut black phosphated.

The U-bolt I'm not sure about. However the nuts were black phosphated.

On the lower part of the springs I found some evidence of black paint. Meaning this car came with black painted rear springs. If it was standard I'm not sure about. I know that certain cars had natural springs.

View attachment 8546 001.jpg

View attachment 8546 002.jpg

View attachment 8546 003.jpg

View attachment 8546 004.jpg

View attachment 8546 005.jpg

View attachment 8546 006.jpg

More pictures.....

Attachments

• 8546 011.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 551
  • 8546 010.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 530
  • 8546 009.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 532
  • 8546 008.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 531
  • 8546 007.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 537
Thanks for looking Uli. I will continue my search.

This afternoon I took off the other vraer spring. Same stamp 287 4 which I think means 287s day of 1964. At the end of the smallest leaf was the partnumber stamped. 2462234 is the cast number for the spring. Partnumbers could be;

2525474 Std V8 except wagon
2585242 V8 w/four barrel carburator

Checking the box "rear spring" in the broadcast sheet often tells 16 or 19. What it stands for is unkown for the moment.

And finally, how the hell do you take out the right side axle from the housing? Mine seems to be glued to the house.......:!

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

Hi Ulf you´r next year at Västeras Big power meet 07.5-7 2012

I'll come to sweden and i hope i can meet you .

I'll bring beer and i hope you bring the meat and we make a BBQ
:))))))

Door strinkes got glass beaded today. They look nice but I'm not 100%. Not sure what to do! What kind of finish did they have? Where they just casted or did they add zink plating, or some other kind of finish?

The windshield washer swivel is NOS and I added the new seal and gasket from Schumacher. So sweeet! Looks like new.

The arms got glass beaded too so now they will get new finish in US. Zink plated.

The inner ash tray thing got glass beaded to. Should be zink plated too.

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

View attachment 001.jpg

Man, this thing will be like it came straight from 1965. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks Rockerdude!

Continued with the leaf springs and finally got it apart. One of the special bolts for the clamps need to be fabricated.

It seems that all of the springs were gold anodized or primered before they got the black paint. It seems like they were dipped into a bath of black paint. The black paint is everywere and that wouldn't be the case if just sprayed.

The front bracket for the springs does not have any marks. I have caefully scraped the whole thing but no evidence of a paint splot. In the fron of the springs there seems to have been some kind of white paint splots. One on each side.

View attachment 110.jpg

View attachment 111.jpg

-
Back