1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
I found the tag for the windshield wiper and washer tag. This was in a 65 package but since it's NOS I think this one is from 1959 to 1964. Not sure though! Does anyone have one from 1965 and is willing to trade?

Attachments

• DSC_0467.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 530
I don't know if there was such a tag used in '65.

I just finished going through my thread and cannot find it. :banghead: There was one guy that had on the FABO forum a copy of the later style tag. I posted him a copy to his thread but I cannot find it!!!!!! Dang!

But do you know about the steel plate which should go in between the LCA and the bumper? There is a part#2071727 for that one but I haven't been able to find it. However I know that they were not on my car as you see on the pictures. What to do?

Thanks for the reference to the front end from your thread to my thread! When I disassembled the lower control arms on my CA-built 65 wagon, they had these plates that you mentioned! At the time I disassembled them I thought it was strange to have those plates under the bumpers. I will probably re-use them (I guess!).

I found the tag for the windshield wiper and washer tag. This was in a 65 package but since it's NOS I think this one is from 1959 to 1964. Not sure though! Does anyone have one from 1965 and is willing to trade?

Because the tag itself is pretty much in the shape of the bag, I think you're correct that it's for older model cars.

What does the owner's manual say about operation of the windshield washers? Do you have the floor button pump style or the push-in at the wiper switch electric variety. Because the w/s reservoirs were translucent plastic, it became much easier to determine the fluid level and Chrysler's hope was that it would be self-explanatory to the car owner/user. That wasn't always the case, hence the addition in later years of an "idiot" light in the instrument panel to warn drivers when the reservoir was running low.

Thanks for the reference to the front end from your thread to my thread! When I disassembled the lower control arms on my CA-built 65 wagon, they had these plates that you mentioned! At the time I disassembled them I thought it was strange to have those plates under the bumpers. I will probably re-use them (I guess!).

Are these plates a separate piece or are they the bottom of the bumper?

Are these plates a separate piece or are they the bottom of the bumper?

They are a separate piece sandwiched between the bumper and the plate welded to the LCA. I'll post some pics later.

EDIT: And here are the pics:

Attachments

• 2015-10-06 14.37.20.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 410
It's the electric washer system. Was part of an option package.

Re the tags, did the assembly workers put it on the car or was that part of the dealerships "prep work"? Or did the assembly line workers just threw it into the glove compartment?

Because the tag itself is pretty much in the shape of the bag, I think you're correct that it's for older model cars.

What does the owner's manual say about operation of the windshield washers? Do you have the floor button pump style or the push-in at the wiper switch electric variety. Because the w/s reservoirs were translucent plastic, it became much easier to determine the fluid level and Chrysler's hope was that it would be self-explanatory to the car owner/user. That wasn't always the case, hence the addition in later years of an "idiot" light in the instrument panel to warn drivers when the reservoir was running low.

Don! I've seem quite alot of LCAs over the years and the ones not tuched, I would estimate 10% did not have the plates between the bumper and the LCA!

Like yourself, I've seen a lot of LCAs of cars that I've had or parted out and these plates are the first time I've actually run across them. I know you mentioned them earlier in your thread and figured it was a CA assembly thing (my wagon is LA-built)

A friend of mine called me today re an add in World customs. Here is a link to the website;

http://www.worldkustom.com/sv/blogflash/a-swede-winns-at-carlisle/

So sorry but all text is in Swedish. But the nice part is that it is the first reporter that's added FABO for all the positive help I have recieved during the restoration.

Nice write up Ulf. I used the English translation icon to help me out. Lol Where is your Dart now? Is it still on display here in the states?

Nice write up Ulf. I used the English translation icon to help me out. Lol Where is your Dart now? Is it still on display here in the states?

It's in Ohio at a friend of mine. He store it for me until the MCACN show in Chicago in November.

Funny, I got the latest issue of Pentastar Power from Mr Norms today. They captured my car too! This is head judge Paul Jacobs. Super nice guy as the rest of the jury.

Attachments

• Mr Norms Dartcharger.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 309
Must have been pretty nervwrecking during the time when the judges inspected your Dart?
It looks just beatiful! Can´t stress that enough. :prayer:

Must have been pretty nervwrecking during the time when the judges inspected your Dart?
It looks just beatiful! Can´t stress that enough.

Yes, it was! After watching 3 judges going over your car for 4 hours and checking Everything out is stressing. After all you've done the best that is possible but have they other things that I don't know of! But at the same time it felt great when they told me about certain things that I did right.

Another part of the judging was when the old Chrysler assembly line worker who started mid 1964 on the line when I saw tears in his Eyes and he told me all the memories, why it was done in a special way, of Chrysler's lack of suppliers when the personell asked around (other manufacturers Ford and GM) for a better supplier of brake booster. Check with ***, they have great quality and they can provide you. They told the Chrysler staff and they started using the brake booster and vacuum canister that Chevrolet used from 1958 up to 1961 on their Impala models!!!!

But the judges we're picky and did an excellent job. The level of judging must be the highest in the world over in US. Pretty sure.

360DartGT66 Great picture!

I suppose you will be going over for the event, Ulf?

Anders! If you mean MCACN yes I am.

They are a separate piece sandwiched between the bumper and the plate welded to the LCA. I'll post some pics later.

EDIT: And here are the pics:

I have three guesses as to why they were used.

1. They're a reinforcement for the LCA at the bumper mounting point.

2. Somebody (chassis engineering?) determined that the bumper was ineffective in cushioning a full suspension compression motion and it was quicker to shim it up than it was to retool to make a taller bumper.

3. The plates may have been a field-trial type part with the L.A. plant chosen as the assembly plant to install them.

-
Back