1965 Plymouth barracuda Help

-

vogel2929

1965 Plymouth Barrcuda
Reaction score
A few years ago I bought my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda. I drove the car in the garage and stated the restoration pretty much stripped the body down, took the 273 endgine out and had a 360 rebuilt for it also got disc brakes with prebent lines for it. I rebuilt the front end new bushing, struts ext. My boss at work is going to rebuild my trans. The issue I am having is I bought this when I was a senior in High School. Actually my father and I bought it for a father son project. This was 7 years ago and now I moved out of the house and got married am working 2 jobs my dad works alot of overtime and the car sits in my garage which isnt at my house and it makes it hard for me to get time to work on it. So I am looking for a restoration service. The car needs a paint job some body work and the main thing be put back together. I live in the Allentown area so if someone knows somebody, a company or if you yourself do restorations please let me know, My cell is 484-274-2269 or you can reply to my post. Thank you Bill

My Suggestion & 2 Cents,

Attend your local Mopar Club (Every metro area has at least one club), and start asking around for who did what type of restoration for who. You need good references for any resto shop, and finding one that does Mopars well, rather than the chebbie/ferd resto guys that could shivagit less about a mopar.

My thoughts are you could buy a nice restored car for much less than the cost of a full blown restoration. Something to think about.

My guess is you would have to pay someone a lot to restore it. At your stage in life, most people don't take such projects on, it more for bored older guys who enjoy it. Unless you really want to drive it, consider selling it. However, hard to move a car in pieces I you decide to sell, I suggest at least cleaning up and painting the engine bay (no rattle can job) and install the engine and tranny (at least the block).

be like me just do a little at a time at it will get done. make it go first so you can drive it then worry about paint and such. Mine is completely mechanically restored formula s 65 cuda..now 318 but one could not tell. It has front disc brakes and dual master cylinder a must for saftey! Trans is rebuilt and ready for dragstrip, rear rebuilt, suspension rebuilt, body has very little rust soon to get fixed and then paint. I want to do electric system next it is easy to replace the entire thing as it is old car no computer stuff..... just do what you can as you can it it will get done! never give up I love my car and love to cruise and hang out with my mopar buddies on weekend!!!!

-
Back