1965 Valiant Sway Bar

-
E-body lower control arms are slightly shorter than A-body arms (may have a different shape, but I'm not sure). You DON'T want shorter LCAs. The pins are different, but can be swapped as the bushings are the same. The sway bar tabs are not at the end of E-body LCAs, either, like they are on the original 65 A-body arms..

I was going to suggest just welding the tabs on your existing arms...

I was able to find the correct LCA from a 1965 Barracuda,problem solved! Thanks

Hey Doug, I'm looking to add a sway bar to my '65 Val. but I don't know what they look like. Could you post up a pic of the sway bar and the lower control arms? Much obliged if you can.

Hey Doug, I'm looking to add a sway bar to my '65 Val. but I don't know what they look like. Could you post up a pic of the sway bar and the lower control arms? Much obliged if you can.

Here is the sway bar Mojack, I am looking for someone that knows the correct length of the sway bar connector bolts with bushings, that I need to install the sway bar to lower control Arms myself :glasses7:

Attachments

• 2014 FRESH AIR Change 049.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 2014 FRESH AIR Change 050.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 2014 FRESH AIR Change 051.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 294
Thanks memike, at least I know what to look out for now.

If you would like me to put a tape on it so you can have the length I can do Mojack :coffee2: glad to be of some help :cheers:

If you would like me to put a tape on it so you can have the length I can do Mojack :coffee2: glad to be of some help :cheers:

That would be even better! The length from one eyelet to the other and the length of the "arm" from the eyelet to the first bend would be great.

Here is the sway bar Mojack, I am looking for someone that knows the correct length of the sway bar connector bolts with bushings, that I need to install the sway bar to lower control Arms myself :glasses7:
65 cuda oe link.

Attachments

• 2014-02-06_18-50-33_799.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 2014-02-06_18-51-46_959.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 234
That would be even better! The length from one eyelet to the other and the length of the "arm" from the eyelet to the first bend would be great.
Will do Mojack :coffee2: as soon as my lovely wife wakes up this morning , the sway bar is under the bed :-D

65 cuda oe link.
:cheers: Thank you so so very much 2manymopars :cheers:
Now I can order my sway bar links :blob: Cool Ramcharger in your avatar, mine is an 85 model white as well, Thank you :color:

This site rocks :color:

:eek:ops: I got distracted , I am going to post on this with the length from one eyelet to the other and the length of the "arm" from the eyelet to the first bend
for our member Mojack .. :coffee2: me so bad :toothy1:

Sorry I did not get to this yesterday :eek:ops: but better late then never I guess :D

Attachments

• 2014 FRESH AIR Change 050.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Creeds Ford Truck 460 040.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 200
Thank you Mike, that will help me compare to the later sway bar setup that I have. I'm going to try and adapt what I have to my '65 Val. I got started with the LCA Sat. :

Sorry I did not get to this yesterday :eek:ops: but better late then never I guess :D

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 191
Good job, I will do just the bottom two places you put saddles on for strength 8)

Sorry Mojack, I have been out for a few days and missed your question. It looks like you have received what you need but if you still want pictures let me know

-
Back