1966 Barracuda build

-

Tur8o Joe

Reaction score
I just picked up a real clean 66 Barracuda from the spring fling at woodly park ca car 0 rust and its all there it has a six auto im not going to leave it alone so dont waist your time but for those with some good ideas bring it on i love the lines on this car im leaning twords 340 or gen ||| a good stance wheels and fat tiers more road driver than drag strip let it rip !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 217
I'm a big fan of the 66 too! V-8 swap is pretty much a drop in. You'll need a V-8 center link to clear the oil pan, and I'm told the 904 fits better than the 727. 727 will work, but you may have to make some mods to to the firewall pinch weld make it fit. Headers are hard to fit with early A's. Fender well or expensive TTI or Doug's are about the only options there. You'll also need a V-8 accelerator pedal and linkage. Check this forum in the parts for sale section. These cars don't like wide rubber either, but if you can dream it, you can build it! Welcome to FABO!

Welcome to fabo from another 66 lover! Glad you found a car you can get excited about! If you need some parts,'I have a few things! I have an extra gas pedal assembly and a center link or 2! Enjoy that car, it's a sweety!! Geof

Headers are hard to fit with early A's. Fender well or expensive TTI or Doug's are about the only options there. Welcome to FABO!

If you decide to leave it a small block, Spitfires are another header option. They surface occasionally here or on eBay for sale. I've picked up 2 sets here on FABO.

CONGRATS ON THAT CAR BUDDY!!! Looking back, I just knew I shoulda bought it! Kicking myself.... LOL

Like I said at the show, I'd go with a 273 with a solid roller, and a 4 speed...:)

Good Luck.

Alltime here on FABO sold it to you. It was price to move. Mopardude318 was soooo close to pulling the trigger.

You could've bought that running 68 340 x-head on a stand right behind it to go with it. Motor is sold and gone now: $3000 About the same price as that Barracuda.

Yay!! Nice 66. Good to see another one going to someone wanting to have fun with it.

I love my 273 Commando. With the 8.75 with 3:23 gears, it winds up quicker and the 273's love to wind up!!

ok with no help from you guys i have decided to go with a real clean driver with gen111 hemi what do you think based on what you all have seen and heard that gose in and fits the best i know there is some parts now and im not going to be the first but would love a push in the right direction so what year gen 111 and auto or stick, i have a few leads on motors but if anyone knows a good source or has one for sale or any thing else im going to need PM me asap i would like to be driven this car by summer!!! dose any one know how much tire i can get under the car with out mini tub i dont want to cut the back seat up i like the stock look and i will do coil overs or move the leafs in board

Gen III swaps just seem to drag on costs and complications. Gen III in an early A-body just increased complications of headers and other fitments. If you are looking to do something by summer, you will have to keep it simple and basic. 360 is the way to do.

By summer you mean in couple months?

Evan at Spring Fling with the gold 66 was running 245's front and rear. It was lipped. And very carefully fitted and thin spacers to get it perfect.

-
Back