1966 Barracuda Detroit Show Car Prototype Custom Concept?

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
1966 Barracuda concept? Anyone remember this car or know where it is now? I seen it in a photo taken in 1966 at the Detroit or Chicago auto show, I also posted some pics of it, looks like someone got ahold of it and restored it but I have only seen these few pics. Is it a custom, factory concept? The car is very cool, it has the rear wheels in the quarter panels opened up, turn signals or driving lights in the grilles (possibly 65 units?), front bumper has no signal cutouts, the front grille is solid with the strips running down it. It also has cool/knockoff spinner mag wheels and a clear bubble on the hood to see the engine, also some other body mods. What engine does it have? Anyone have any other pictures of this cool ride? I seen an old black and white photo from the 66 auto show on ebay once too but not much else. Thanks! :toothy10:

hrdp_0710_25_z+custom_hot_rod_cars_barn_finds+1966_plymouth_barracuda_side_view.jpg

hrdp_0710_26_z+custom_hot_rod_cars_barn_finds+1966_plymouth_barracuda_bone_stock.jpg

hrdp_0710_27_z+custom_hot_rod_cars_barn_finds+1966_plymouth_barracuda_bone_stock_rear_view.jpg

The picture was taken in front of a company in Fountain Vally,Ca.

Phone number 714-444-2000 maybe somebody there might know

Another pic....remember, this car was originally done in 1966, then later restored. Check it out, it has a header panel like the 67-69 Barracuda!

0509cr_10z+1966_Chrysler_Barracuda+Gold_Body_Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg

Very cool, I have never seen one like that ,Thanks for sharing

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I see a few mods that might be in store for my 66 like the grille center. Thanks for the pics.

That is VERY nice.. Looks like they used front fender wheel arches in the rear 1/4's

Thanks for sharing the pics Keith! I have seen that fish before but only 1 pic.

I saw it or a replica at the Paso Robles show about 5 years ago.
I'll have to dig up the photos I took and post them.

66Cuda.jpg

CudaHood.jpg

DSCF4313.JPG

DSCF4314.JPG

DSCF4315.JPG

DSCF4316.JPG

DSCF4317.JPG

DSCF4318.JPG

There are some real cool customizing ideas there. I like the imbedded exhaust and the opened rear wheelwells.

Damn that thing looks awesome. I love the custom mods. That paint job is sick.

i was wondering i just bought a 66 cuda and is there any company that makes the side exhaust molding like the concept car or something similar to that

that was an alexander brothers car. larry was a member of our model car club. i believe the barracuda is now owned by mikes son and has been restored

awesome custom job, not to fond of gas tank lid area, but it s nice to see a b-cuda saved from the scrap metal pile

that was an alexander brothers car. larry was a member of our model car club. i believe the barracuda is now owned by mikes son and has been restored

Mike Alexander is one of the high ups at Metal Crafters. Metal Crafters does amazing prototype work for the automakers and aircraft industry... Lets put it this way, they can make their own windshields in house!

Never heard of this car. Doesn't look like much from 1966 made it on the car with the 16" wheels and billet air cleaner. With that being said I kind of like most of it.

well hopefully he still works there i contacted them to see if they would be able to fab up some side skirts for mine, those skirts and paint set that car off dont care much for the hood scope

Never heard of this car. Doesn't look like much from 1966 made it on the car with the 16" wheels and billet air cleaner. With that being said I kind of like most of it.

the first pics are from 66 when they made the car

I am liking the open wheel wells in the rear allot!! make a person go hummm. I wounder :blackeye:

-
Back