1966 Barracuda Restoration Project

-
Wondered what happened to ya, the heat sucks to work in for sure,however the charger 1/2 of the car is ready for primer/sealer then turn it around and do the other side and start blocking.

Jim,

Where did you get your floor pan sections??? pricing????? I have a homemade one in my passenger side, and the rears are both patched with homemade pans, and they oilcan like crazy. I'd rather invest in new sections than try and make my own.

FF

FF

I purchased my floor pans from Auto Body Specialties for 120.00 each and my quarter and fender patches from Laysons Restorations. They are all still available. The foorpans fit real nice. Jim

Just read this thread, awesome work on the cowl. Very inspiring to see someone dig in that deep into their car. Most would've given up and scrapped it. Just awesome!!

Well it's been a long time since I've posted anything. Just started working on it about a month and a half ago when it cooled off around here. I've been wire wheeling and sandblasting the underside of the car getting it ready for some epoxy primer. Also finished the drivers side fender patch today, I'm not too happy with the results as it's my first attempt. I ordered the quarter patch panels the other day and they should be here within the week, yay. So I should have more posts coming soon. later, Jim

Attachments

• DCP00915.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 434
  • DCP00914.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 445
  • DCP00913.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 430
  • DCP00912.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 425
  • DCP00911.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 435
Can anyone tell me if the headlight buckets and radiator support(front end components behind the grilles) on the 66 barracudas were painted black or body color from the factory? Thanks.

I believe they were blacked out. My '66 was originally red, and the radiator support and everything behind the grille was blacked out. Most cars I've seen at shows are the same, including original unrestored cars. Some guys just paint them body color. If your car is bright red or white, or any light color, it might look better blacked out.

Last week I was able to get some work done on the car, I sprayed epoxy primer on the interior floors, engine bay and uderside. Now today i;m going to do a little patch work (bondo/fibral) to the underside welds of the floor pan patches since i don't really care for the look of the seam sealer on the underside. Any recommendations on the work would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Attachments

• DCP00927.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 338
  • DCP00926.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DCP00924.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 350
  • DCP00923.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 339
  • DCP00922.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 371
  • DCP00921.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 414
  • DCP00920.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 363
  • DCP00915.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 340
Great looking project and progress. That cowl job sure looked like major, major surgery. I'm considering a 65 that needs a floor and cross member. Is there any way I can tell if the inner cowl is shot too?

Congrats, it looks like what I'm doing with my 66 valiant, your a little further along on yours than I am on mine

He Jim you´r doing a fantastic job !

I have a question , can you find for me the brackets for the console and the shifter ???
I neeed this parts to install a console and florshifter .

attachment.php

Thx bro.

hello jim the great work you do, I'm glad to see other barracuda 66.65 in France there is not much that mustang lol, I went through the same steps to restore, courage ca progressing well congratulations it's very good work in the rules of the art I'm glad your recovery

Jim the car is looking great keep up the good work and that cowl I send it is awsome. that old car coming right alone.

Earl

Well I think it's time I revive this thread! I've been slowly working on the car over the past year and a half. Since then I've replaced both lower quarters, finished the cowl including painting the inside of the cowl body color and cleaned up some minor bodywork issues. I've purchased an 8 3/4 rear with a 489 case posi and LBP axles, bought the rear disc conversion for the rear and had the housing and K-Member powder coated. Anyway, I've got a question for all you experienced Mopar enthusiasts, attached are pictures of my trunk pan. Can anyone tell me what went in the rectangular holes? My alzhiemers must be acting up because I can't remember for the life of me what I took out. Thanks, and I look forward to updating this more frequently and encourage any feedback and suggestions you all may have.
Jim

Attachments

• Trunk 1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Trunk2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF1495.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF1496.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF1477.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF1471.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF1469.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF1467.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 157
There are little plastic plugs that go into those holes! Not sure why they even punched those out!!! Geof

I have a question for anyone that has ever used raptor liner as an undercoating. When taping around the engine bay area along the sub frame, where do most people tape to separate the frame rails from the engine compartment. Seems like the frame rails go right into the engine bay and I don't want to see bed liner when I look into the engine bay. I guess my question in a few words are: where do you draw the line? Thanks FABO!

Attachments

• DCP00924.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 142
-
Back