1966 'Cuda Hood

-
very nice, i like low budget odd ball builds my self... everyone told me i couldn't build a louver for a 68 fast back cuda and i did it.

again very nice.. and you did it yourself instead of paying

very nice, i like low budget odd ball builds my self... everyone told me i couldn't build a louver for a 68 fast back cuda and i did it.

again very nice.. and you did it yourself instead of paying

Thanks. Having a early 'Cuda you can't just open a catalog and put one together. I got tired of waiting for companies to make the parts I needed so I could bolt them on and when they did make them they cost too much to buy.

If you look at my websites Tech Section, its full of articles written by me of me making something work from scratch.

And you guys are right. I can say I made it! Me ,Myself and I!! It won't be perfect. It won't be numbers matching. But it will be what I want it to be.

Built, Not Bought! :thumbup:

Stay tuned for more pictures as things progress.

i hear you on having problems for early a for parts..... try to find parts for a 79 amx.. in same boat as you... make it or nothing.. heres my louver pic

S5001593.jpg

just saw this thread wow awsome stuff man Id like to graph a roadrunner hood onto my dart...... hmmmmmmmmmm

OK, I'm almost done. I am waiting on the hood inserts as they should arrive sometime this week. I have the last cruise night this Sunday and really want them installed by then.

I have to stop here and give major props to all of you who do bodywork for a living. It really is an art and a skill which I am simply missing the gene for. You folks are the pros and can take what I just did and make it look good close up. Here's to ya! :salute:

Now on to todays pictures!!

Found a few issues during the block sanding phase. Stop(and grind the high spots), drop (on more bondo), and roll (err, spray on more primer).
hood19.jpg

Final sanding complete, all clean and systems go for black out!
hood20.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
hood21.jpg

All pretty again.
hood22.jpg

Outside shots.
hood23.jpg
eeeeeee

hood24.jpg

hood25.jpg

Dude, that is way cool. I even like the stripe on the bottom (Im gonna do the same stripe to cover a spot of cancer) Nice black out grill work too. Looks like it should have been an option. Dang, even the tires look period correct!

It does look good. Here's one from the Mopar Nats a couple years ago, very cool car.

Attachments

• DSCF2981.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 203
That looks incredible!!!! Well done, can I place my order for 1 now? lol

That is really neat!, Someones avitar has a 67 or 68 fish with that style grafted on. Really sets the car off! I still want to someday graft a 70,71 airgrabber onto my 68 fish hood!!!

The scoop inserts came in and I quickly sanded them down, primed and painted them. I had some nuts to install them but will need to get the correct ones to get them bolted tight.

The last cruise of the year was today and a perfect day it was to debut the new hood. I left the hood down not so much due to the weight but because the engine was too dirty to show.

Here are the final shots for this thread. :cheers:

The scoops.
hood27.jpg

in the garage.
hood28.jpg

At the show.
hood29.jpg

Another angle.
hood31.jpg

Another angle.
hood30.jpg

That turned out awesome, well done, that is a very cool look. That is better than any other scoop set up I have seen.

That is better than any other scoop set up I have seen.
I couldnt agree more!! Im REALLY glad you got the inserts in time for your last cruise, you deserved to have it complete after all of your hard work!

that looks really bad ***. i have a spare hood for my 66. i may need to experiment down the road.
:love7:

-
Back