1966 dart convertible

-
Convertible door alignment wedges? What are they for??? Do I need them???
Anyone?? I think they take the place of these
Thanks

Attachments

• door alignment wedges.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 234
  • wedges.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 12345.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 234
Looking for window regulator bushings? Seems everyone I talked to has no idea what they are. Does anyone know either where to get them, or what have you done in their place?
Thanks

Attachments

• regrev1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 215
Hi Jim. the wedges are called alignment wedges but they really work as anti rattle wedges instead of alignment. oh and keep the door from flexing and chipping the paint when the car flexes. yeah you can use later plastic ones instead of the chrome plated metal ones , but you might want to check the hole spacing

on the matter of the bushings. well metal and glass don't mix well. the bolt that goes through the regulator can shift and hit glass, so it's just a bushing that stops metal from hitting glass and helps hold it in position(talking about broken glass if you don't use em!) no I have not found any yet. I might need to make some up for my rear regulators for the convertible since I think I only have 1 side for the dart. but that won't happen until the end of august or later. (got family business to take care of till then)

As I'm cruising the inner web, I come across this. They call them inner fender splash shields. The one's I have finished look nothing like this. Long story short, I can't find anything in the manual that resembles these. Do I need them for the 66 Dart? I know I have them on my 71 Dart,
Thanks

Attachments

• 668-9.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 209
As I'm cruising the inner web, I come across this. They call them inner fender splash shields. The one's I have finished look nothing like this. Long story short, I can't find anything in the manual that resembles these. Do I need them for the 66 Dart? I know I have them on my 71 Dart,
Thanks
You have them but they are not made like you would expect. they are to pieces of metal that have a bend in them with 2 mounting holes that get screwed into the frame. about 1/2 the size of your later dart. crappy pic's but it should give you an idea of what they look like(sort of:D)
View attachment !!!metal splash shield.jpg

View attachment !!!!! inner shields lower 2.jpg

View attachment !!!!! inner shields lower.jpg

can anyone give me some insight on the pillar post seals? How they install? Pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Jim

can anyone give me some insight on the pillar post seals? How they install? Pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Jim

the ones on the window? or the ones on the door? if it's the door jam one I can help. if the window one ....not so much since I'm not there yet.

the door weatherstrip gets cut short at the mounting flange and left a little long on the tube/bulb. that way you can use some black weatherstrip adhesive to tack/glue it into the seal.(better view pic 2) pic one shows it tucked into the seal. there is a screw behind the big wrinkled part of the seal.
View attachment DSCF3859.jpg

see flange mounting part cut short and tube/bulb is longer.
View attachment DSCF3847.jpg

View attachment DSCF3855.jpg

and here's what the door wedges look like
View attachment !!door wedges.jpg

bolt pattern totally different than later models.

Thanks Kurt. Yeah, I was talking about the door one. Finished paint lat night, should be getting it back and start assembly shortly. Just trying to figure it out since I didn't take it apart. Making my head hurt

Looking for window regulator bushings? Seems everyone I talked to has no idea what they are. Does anyone know either where to get them, or what have you done in their place?
Thanks
HAH might have found some of them.

I'll have to compare it with my original but here
is a pic "nope #@$#%@" just looked at mine and no way are they going to work..
View attachment $_12.JPG

I'll edit in a pic of what mine look like in a bit as soon as I get back into the house to transfer the darn pictures.

View attachment WP_20140625_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20140625_002.jpg

and a link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mopar-1...r:1966|Model:Dart&hash=item5d4d155697&vxp=mtr

I'll keep looking

I'm just going to make the bushings out of nylon, there's a clip that goes on the outside of the finger on the regulator to hold it in place.
Thanks Kurt, you rock!! Hope all is well with you and yours!
Jim

Paint is finished, start assembling soon. Thanks to all who have helped over the last year. I truly appreciate it. And, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Attachments

• paintfinished3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 198
  • paintfinished2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 187
Ok, the assembly has started. Only question, where does the header seal go? In the convertible top frame? Or between the inside and outside trim???
HELP!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 153
Looking good sir! That header seal looks wrong to me but Im no expert. If I remember correctly it was 3 pieces. One across the top that sits in a metal channel screwed to the top frame and then two corner pieces that fit in metal plates on the corners.

The rubber in your pic looks like all one piece that goes across the windshield frame and then down the door opening. I don't think it will leave enough room to get all the chrome and stainless trim installed on the windshield frame.

That's what makes me wonder. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be sandwiched between the inner and outer windshield trim, or, if the header seal is actually part of the convertible framework. So when the top goes down, the seal goes with. A picture paints a thousand words. I have scoured the innerweb looking for a good shot and cant find one. The manual and parts book are iffy at best. Not to specific.
Thanks again.

Help. How do I terminate the door seal in the pillar side??

Ahhhh up in the house in Michigan and just got internet installed for the few months I'll be here.. whew 2 weeks without internet was killing me! I can pass on tv and such but just gotta have my internet fix.
super glue it pinched closed (but not all the way or your doors won't close right. just pinch the middle and seal it up. leave an air escape route so that the when the door closes it will push out the air. if you put the other end into the door quarter seal and sealed it solid the you really need this. if the rear part is not solidly sealed then you CAN solidly seal the top part to stop any water infiltration though it will stop air from flowing out of the buld in the seal.. BUT there should be no water coming in due to the vent seal that's in front of the door seal on the vent wing assembly. I'd take a pic but I'm stuck up in Michigan till my house sells...:banghead:

Paint is finished, start assembling soon. Thanks to all who have helped over the last year. I truly appreciate it. And, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

ohh pretty... I sure do like the color and it looks to have come out GREAT!!!

Header seal?

yup sure is.:D though it does go on the top frame for the 63-66's

it goes like this
convertible top first on header
then the round piece with foam in it
then the header channel
then the seal gets put in the channel.
then the side pieces (triangular metal) to lock the corner in a bit. just clamps down on the seal a bit to lock it from squirming out of the channel.

this is the header channel that gets screwed into the top frame and through the round vinyl wrapped foam piece.
View attachment DSCF4140.jpg

sort of like this ....dang your gonna have to download this and view it a
LOT bigger to read it though..

white = header channel
yellow = seal
black = convertible top and round foam seal (really just hides the black rubber seal from view and sits flush on the top trim when the latches are locked down.

View attachment !assembly inst..jpg

View attachment WP_20130517_003.jpg

Found this lurking about. Does it go to the 66 dart? Or us this just more jetsam??
looks like a cruise control cable coming off the module. (later model,gm or aftermarket.) got one of them on my 92 diesel.

I feel like I should know where these go? Where do these go?
And, do we know the location of the nap light under the dash? Should there be a lens? Hmmm?
Thanks

those go on the rear side panels for the convertible (black plastic pieces) neither of my darts have a lense on them and it's a special type bulb that goes in there. I don't remember the number off hand but can search it for ya.

Thanks Kurt, I've missed ya!! Where in Michigan are you?? If you drove there, you probably passed within a couple miles of my house! Have a safe and happy fourth!!

Do these run along the wind lace on the a pillar trim? Or do I not need these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 143
Do these run along the wind lace on the a pillar trim? Or do I not need these?

ohh you need them . they go on the vent window down to the door skin itself. they cover the screw holes that mount the vent window mechanism to the door (install only after all the door/window alignment is done or you'll be buying another set, don't ask me how I know:banghead:))
yup came right up I-75 right into Taylor Michigan. gotta finish up the old house up here so I can put it on the market and get at least my repair money back out of it. so I might have passed ya by a bit. I'll see where you are when I start heading home in August or September and maybe drop on by for a look see at you Beautiful car!

anywhoo here is a (the only one I could find for some reason) picture of where the vent rubber goes. you asked about the door sill seal and what to do to seal it off... well here's what really blocks the water from going into the seal and it's glued to the vent window.
the top edge just goes over the top mounting screws and does cover the lower door mounting holes.
View attachment !!!showing the rubber.jpg
goes in this section. it has little divots cut out for the screw hole locations on the better parts but you'll see how it fits when you put in against the vent window (closest to the inside of the car is the flattest part )
View attachment !!!!!!!71.jpg

covers holes
View attachment !!!!!!!72.jpg

oh and DUH about the plastic pieces I didn't post a pic.

goes on your rear side panels they do those were some of the parts I have to make up for my other car too so I should have had a pic handy but just didn't use the brain I'm supposed to have (wife says I don't have one but we'll just agree ti disagree with her:glasses7:)
View attachment WP_20140306_004.jpg

-
Back