1966 dart convertible

-
Man that looks GOOOOOOOOD!

I sure hope mine comes out half that good. your going with a black top right?

I am going with a black top and grey smoke windows. I was thinking about the glass rivot/bushing deal. The part that is split and goes through the glass is the same. I think the rivot can be cut down and drilled out to replicate the bushing. I'm going to see top boy tomorrow and check progress.
And, body shop guy found my rocker moulding clips, but I'm short two? Were the front different clips that maybe bolted on??
Thanks!
Jim

I am going with a black top and grey smoke windows. I was thinking about the glass rivot/bushing deal. The part that is split and goes through the glass is the same. I think the rivot can be cut down and drilled out to replicate the bushing. I'm going to see top boy tomorrow and check progress.
And, body shop guy found my rocker moulding clips, but I'm short two? Were the front different clips that maybe bolted on??
Thanks!
Jim

I have seen on some of the darts that they were different and bolted on at the front fender locations. Mine were clips all the way front to rear they hadn't been pulled off when the car got repainted since under them was the factory gold paint. I can't wait to get back to Florida and get back to working on the parts and the dart! (oh yeah, I miss the wife n the pug's too!):D

Any one verify that this where the top tension cable attaches??
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 242
K. So after being at the glass guys for a couple weeks (he has other business and I told him no rush, just do it good) he has the glass set, the convert frame lined up, pads on, etc. I stop in Friday to have a look, IT"S A WHITE TOP!!! OMG!!! SHEESH!!!! So, the new black canvas top will be here by Friday or so. Another chunk of time and $$$$$ escapes my clutches. That bein said, I probably have an extra white vinyl convertible top I won't need!!!!

K. So after being at the glass guys for a couple weeks (he has other business and I told him no rush, just do it good) he has the glass set, the convert frame lined up, pads on, etc. I stop in Friday to have a look, IT"S A WHITE TOP!!! OMG!!! SHEESH!!!! So, the new black canvas top will be here by Friday or so. Another chunk of time and $$$$$ my clutches. That bein said, I probably have an extra white vinyl convertible top I won't need!!!!

yup that is how things go on my end too! hope you get it back soon. I'm still stuck in Michigan, trying to get the house ready for sale. seems the more I do the more I find^%#^#%$^ darn hot water tank is leaking now! Right after I rewired the furnace blower motor that went out! hopefully I'll be able to get back to florida before snow flies!:D

Hey anyone (Kurt) lol!!! IS there a bushing that goes in here? Trying to sort through stuff and know how it goes together kind of. Any pics would of course be awesome!!!!
Thanks.
Jim

Attachments

• brake#1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 173
Hey anyone (Kurt) lol!!! IS there a bushing that goes in here? Trying to sort through stuff and know how it goes together kind of. Any pics would of course be awesome!!!!
Thanks.
Jim
Dang your making it hard,,want to give me a hint as to what it is? or a full picture? My mind went blanker than usual when I tried to think of where that part would go.
convertible top mechanism.. nope don't look right for that.
umm
brake pedal assembly, console shifter linkage aww come on gimme a little hint:???:
if it's the brake pedal assembly I'll have to be in florida to check. I think there is a flat nylon washer where it contacts the through hole, but can't remember what mine looked like when I took the car apart and don't have pic's of that since I still have that part in the parts car:D

if console shifter linkage then nope. there is a plastic/nylon bushing or location part on the transmission piece the upright slides into though.

Got the car back today with the top on and new glass in. Parts of it I'm super pleased with, some parts not so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 160
Hoping to drop the motor and trans in tomorrow, so I thought I'd lay out the engine harness and do what I could prior. One thing is I got a relay set for the headlights and putting those in and tying it l together, everything seems to be proper, except, don't have a clue where these go?? Are they maybe for AC??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 164
Making some progress. Got it pretty much wired, top works great with the relays in it, tail lights, blower, windshield wipers and the map/instrument panel all fired up fine. Still need to finish the headlights. Stop light isn't working, but I'll get that sorted out.

Attachments

• enginebay#1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 150
So after getting the top to go up and down, I got a few pics of the installation. From the inside, the leading edge drops from behind the trim and goes into the body, held in place by the small bars with three holes in it. So, that being said, does this look correct? I think so, but I would appreciate any input.
Thanks

Attachments

• verttop1rev1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 149
  • verttop2rev1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 154
So after getting the top to go up and down, I got a few pics of the installation. From the inside, the leading edge drops from behind the trim and goes into the body, held in place by the small bars with three holes in it. So, that being said, does this look correct? I think so, but I would appreciate any input.
Thanks

mine was held in place the same way EXCEPT it went inside the well liner. I know the top had been replaced a time or 2 so mounting seems right but is it inside the liner or outside? hmmmmm manual doesn't show it either @##@$#.
here is the closest I could find so I think mine was done wrong. it looks like it's outside!

View attachment convertible top pic in manual.jpg

BTW the car looks great!

I'll have to get as few more pics or look at the camera when I get home. But, I think the well liner is between the body and the top???
Thanks Kurt

Last question, I'm sure the column has to be grounded? I assume the strap goes from the nut on the bottom bracket that holds the column to the dash???
Thanks

-
Back