1966 dart convertible

-
That bottom one, I thought was the brace from the fender to bumper but I only have one??
naw the fender to wherever it goes has a 45/90degree or so bend on it on one side .AND ya need 1 for each side.View attachment fender brace.jpg I've got a pic somewhere showing the center support that AHHHHH wait!!! found it. actually it is on the wrong way. I have it going forward instead of going backwards and you'll see where it bolts too! darn thing kept getting in the way and I reversed it!

View attachment !!!!!kmember bracer brace.jpg

Thanks Kurt! You rock. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Hey thanks Jim you and your family have a safe and Merry Christmas TOO!
glad to help..... s'what we do here!

hey i just remembered I have an old more door parts car that might have the fender brackets still on it somewhere.. I'll ship em to ya if I do, I'll let ya know tomorrow or Tuesday when I get back home again.

Hey thanks Jim you and your family have a safe and Merry Christmas TOO!
glad to help..... s'what we do here!

hey i just remembered I have an old more door parts car that might have the fender brackets still on it somewhere.. I'll ship em to ya if I do, I'll let ya know tomorrow or Tuesday when I get back home again.

That would be awesome Kurt! Actually I found the brace that goes for the K member to the core support? Seems every time I get two things sorted out, five more jump out at me. Well I have to run out if parts sooner or later, I guess then were finished!!

That would be awesome Kurt! Actually I found the brace that goes for the K member to the core support? Seems every time I get two things sorted out, five more jump out at me. Well I have to run out if parts sooner or later, I guess then were finished!!

HI Jim. I just got home and looked at the fenders on the more door car. Guess what I didn't find? yup no brackets,BUT there is not any brackets needed. why you ask?
I'm glad you asked that.
Well going through my pictures of my dismantlement of my dart I found a picture showing what really gets bolted into that bottom brace on the fender. It's the darn splash shield that holds the fender into the correct shape!:banghead: I can't believe I didn't remember that.(I did see that brace on a 64-5's with a front valance pictures, but I think 66's didn't get them or if they did someone tossed mine out!) I'm still looking for # 3 in your picture(I have seen it somewhere before but can't seem to locate it in my pictures)

So, here's what we did for the top relays. Fired it prior too and a few cycles of up and down the switch was definately throwing off some heat. After the relays were installed and a few cycles it was cool as a cucumber. Since the car is a shell, I used a battery charger at ten amps to supply the power. First, I replaced the 30 amp breaker with a 20 amp that I got at the parts store. I will probably replace that with a 15 amp fuse when I pull it back apart.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 219
I took the thirty amp breaker and mounted it on the side of the back seat bracket and used that as a distribution point. I bought all the connectors at the parts store, removed the factory shrink wrap. Crimped the connectors and soldered them then used after market shrink wrap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 204
I mounted the relays on the motor/pump bracket on the outside, made power feeds an connected them. Also made two ground connections and grounded the relays in the same spot that the pump motor grounds to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 226
So with the power and grounds in place, I bought two, two pole 12 gauge flat connectors and soldered new connectors on them. Connected them to the relays and plugged them in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 213
The nice thing is, I didn't have to cut into the harness anywhere and the relays and wiring are easily accessible and it's a tidy install!!
Thanks to everyone that walked me through this with patience! I appreciate it.
Jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 209
I forgot to mention, I will pull a 12 gauge from the battery side of the starter relay to feed the relays through the 30 amp breaker

Ok, on to the next issue. And idea why the skirts and backs of the bucket seats aren't lining up? They only go on one way. Are the seats just worn out? I don't find an adjustment. Can I just shim the stop?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 220
WOW!!! just logged on this morn to see what was going on and went through you whole post on your 66, really amazing. Great job and a lot of patience, 66Dvert guy (Kurt) what a wealth of info, he's allready helped me out a few times also (working on 65 Vert). Any way looking forward to the finished product, good luck and Merry Christmas out there! Mark :)

WOW!!! just logged on this morn to see what was going on and went through you whole post on your 66, really amazing. Great job and a lot of patience, 66Dvert guy (Kurt) what a wealth of info, he's allready helped me out a few times also (working on 65 Vert). Any way looking forward to the finished product, good luck and Merry Christmas out there! Mark :)

Thanks.
Yeah, Kurt is a knowledgeable and patient guy! Thank God!!
Merry Christmas!!

Last question. Then it's miller time!
What is this?!

Voltage regulator for original style charging system (get electronic voltage regulator for better charging ability) you can get one that looks just like that one on the outside to keep a stock configuration.

Just kidding. More parts??
ya gotta leave em rusty for me to figure out the parts!:D (rusty one is the core support that goes to k frame looks like)

BTW nice job on the wiring for the convertible top!

Merry Christmas to all !!!

Seat back stop? Can we build it up. Is that the proper fix?

I have done mine by stripping the covers back and welding the worn areas and grinding it back down to shape. I also have seen a guy just put a pipe over it and weld the end up (he did have to adjust the shape of the latch to work with his fix). either way will/should work

Good morning everyone.
Here's the latest item on my scavenger hunt. I have both but I'm not sure if the one can be repaired properly.
Not sure what you call it, head lamp adjuster/bezel???? Both sides look identical, I only need one if someone has one. Not sure if other than a 66 dart will work, but I'm guessing they will.
Thanks.
Jim

Attachments

• lightbezel2.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 194
  • light bezel1.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 166
Been a while since I posted, not a lot happening. I did start to dress the engine. Valve covers, exhaust manifolds etc. I did refinish the manifolds with POR15 manifold grey. Turned out pretty good!! When I went to put them on, they wouldn't sit flush. 318 engine, 360 heads and 273 manifolds. Had to grind 1/8" plus out of this area.

Attachments

• photo 3 rev#1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 171
Trying to find the proper kick down linkage. I believe this is the correct one to the throttle pin, but can't seem to locate the other one that goes to the trans. The manual shows a picture of the assembly, but not the individual rod. Any one have a picture? And possibly one for sale? The top side linkage is a little wiggly. Worn out at the screw adjustment.
Yes, I know the wire bridges don't belong. They just keep things sorted until I can find the grommets for the valve covers.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 195
  • photo 5.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 184
-
Back