1966 dart convertible

-
Last but not least. I'm looking for the seal/stripping that sits in the chrome trim on the back edge of the front window. It forms the seal when the rear window meets the front. Any one have a good source for this??

Attachments

• glass seal#1.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 271
  • glass seal#2.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 281
  • glass seal#3.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 281
Hmmmm, the curvature of the finish panel doesn't seem to fit the curvature of the trunk?? Is there a seal or some other piece of trim that goes together with finish panel??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 260
Hmmmm, the curvature of the finish panel doesn't seem to fit the curvature of the trunk?? Is there a seal or some other piece of trim that goes together with finish panel??

nope the fact is they just do not fit good. yours should be tight in the middle like it's not bent enough. I though mine was bent and reshaped it to fit better but it was a bear bending it on that thick edge. I got another one from a non wrecked trunk lid and it fit the same way! that probably why they have so many T slot fasteners in the tail panel.

as for the quarter window seal metro rubber makes them
I think laysons has them and for sure Ebay does
http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-66-Dart-...arter-Window-Seals-Pr-Metro-New-/390375321543
View attachment quarterwindow seal.JPG

Check around for pricing though some are really expensive for the same part.

nope the fact is they just do not fit good. yours should be tight in the middle like it's not bent enough. I though mine was bent and reshaped it to fit better but it was a bear bending it on that thick edge. I got another one from a non wrecked trunk lid and it fit the same way!

Thanks Kurt. I need a pair of those kick panels. I'm gonna send you a pm.
As always, you rock.

Thanks Kurt. I need a pair of those kick panels. I'm gonna send you a pm.
As always, you rock.

hmm liked em did ya?:D ME TOO. they were a pain in the to do. but I wanted them for my car and nobody made them. I'd like to make some 4" x 6" speaker REAR side panel molds (facing forwards at an angle on the lower part of the panel that goes by the door opening) later on after I get the other molds I'm making to give me a little variety but that's a lot later.

Gimme a couple days or so to finish up the passengers side one , then I'll post a shot of them mounted and ready to go. I'm just now cutting the foam for the basic shape on it. then it's bondo,CUT,bondo,CUT,bondo,CUT,bondo,CUT, swear, swear some more and then sand. I've got more body filler in these molds I'm making than I have in EVERY car I have ever done. I may try my hand at the molded glovebox liner next. but I think the rear top panels need to be done first since they are the hardest to do. stupid thin plastic shows EVEYTHING! :banghead:

I'm looking for trim and body moulding fasteners. I've tried restoration specialties, R T specialties, Mr. Gs and others. Having a hard time finding the exact clip. Particularly the door trim wire clips and the rocker panel clips.
Any ideas???
Thanks.
Jim

Attachments

• clip2.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 272
  • clip4.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 257
I'm looking for trim and body moulding fasteners. I've tried restoration specialties, R T specialties, Mr. Gs and others. Having a hard time finding the exact clip. Particularly the door trim wire clips and the rocker panel clips.
Any ideas???
Thanks.
Jim

top pic is the HARD part to get, 65 Plymouth satellite, 66 dodge dart "n" that's about all I've seen it fit so far, I'm looking on just clips for it or something that will work for that clip.
middle one might be in just clips also.
bottom one you can find at http://justclippsauto.com/index.htm with and without the sealant on it sample board 2 (that for your door top and front fender trim right?) do you have the funny one that goes into the end by the door handle that has a bolt in it? (another hard one. I'll look for pictures)

I'm not sure what I have to be honest? The manual shows some and some that are wrong. For example, the show the door trim using nylon press on with the pin??
Guess I should have started this quest earlier. I have all the rocker panel clips, just not sure about them with the condition they're in! Thanks Kurt, if you can put a picture of the odd ball end clip, I'd appreciate it. If I come across anything, I'll let you know!
Jim

picture number 1 is the bigger clip that goes into the top door, rear quarter window to transition piece trim and the trim on the fender to the spear. 1 incher
and the smaller one can be used for the rear trim also (trunk section) all mine were clips with studs in that area. to hold it on tight.
View attachment 1 bolt.JPG
this one and the one below it is the funky one that goes at the door latch side of the trim and has a nut that holds it down (handle side of door)
View attachment door trim clips (2 of 3).JPGView attachment DSCF2910.JPG
showing the threaded section of pic 2. 1/2 incher
View attachment door trim clips (3 of 3).JPG

this little sucker is hard to find. I had to cut some longer ones down to fit. they go into the bottom trim of the front windshield and MUST have sealant.(don't ask about how I know that :banghead:) those holes let in a LOT of water into the cowl! I'll see if I can find an original to post.
View attachment DSCF2918.JPG

also a smaller one like in picture 1 with the stud on it is the one that goes closest to the fender. you have studs and nuts on both ends (studded parts shown in all pictiures). of the door trim. it's to stop movement of that trim since you open and close the door causing movement.

Jim can you get me dimensions on that top clip if they are for the spear trim and they are interchangeable with the 65 clips you are once again in luck

Heading down to the MOPAR expo in Indianapolis this morning! If anyone is going to be there, pm me, I'll buy you a beer.
That being said, I got a new antenna was supposed to be for a 66 a body,
Problem is, the existing chrome trim/bezel doesn't seem to work. Had anyone replaced their antenna with success, If so, where did you get it? The threaded nut is too big and nothing really fits properly. Picture shows original hardware on top, new stuff on the bottom.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 189
Probably dumb questions, but I figure what the hell, never stopped me before.
#1. So, why are these holes in the frame?? Were they universal? Is this where the pivot would mount if this were a column shift??

#2. Also, what might go through the firewall where they have it beefed up??

Attachments

• photofirewall.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 192
  • photofirewall1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 186
Probably dumb questions, but I figure what the hell, never stopped me before.
#1. So, why are these holes in the frame?? Were they universal? Is this where the pivot would mount if this were a column shift??

#2. Also, what might go through the firewall where they have it beefed up??

picture number 1 = column shift or Z bar for clutch. I don't remember which though or if it was for Both.

pic # 2 = throttle rod mounting hole for Gas pedal.

picture number 1 = column shift or Z bar for clutch. I don't remember which though or if it was for Both.

pic # 2 = throttle rod mounting hole for Gas pedal.

Thanks Kurt.
Not sure what the throttle rod is???? I'll sort it out!
Got the kick panels today!! AWESOME work. Can't wait to put them in!!
Thanks again!

Thanks Kurt.
Not sure what the throttle rod is???? I'll sort it out!
Got the kick panels today!! AWESOME work. Can't wait to put them in!!
Thanks again!

Your welcome on the kick panels. Now I have to make some more up! I'm trying to get the rear side panel trim pieces made and tested now that I have the molds for the kick panels sorted out. 1 step at a time. (whew) but it's getting there.

on my slant six I has a rod actuated linkage instead of cable. that's where mine mounted. your being a v8 should have a regular gas pedal cable linkage that bolts into the same area.
here's mine from the day I looked at it. (ugly ain't it!)
View attachment !!!!throttle rod mounting area800.jpg

Your welcome on the kick panels. Now I have to make some more up! I'm trying to get the rear side panel trim pieces made and tested now that I have the molds for the kick panels sorted out. 1 step at a time. (whew) but it's getting there.

on my slant six I has a rod actuated linkage instead of cable. that's where mine mounted. your being a v8 should have a regular gas pedal cable linkage that bolts into the same area.
here's mine from the day I looked at it. (ugly ain't it!)
View attachment 1714702080

Hey Kurt. I have a throttle cable comes in right through the pedal plate? What happens to the beefed up hole with the half moon??
Thanks!

Hey Kurt. I have a throttle cable comes in right through the pedal plate? What happens to the beefed up hole with the half moon??
Thanks!
the beefed up hole IS where the throttle rod on the /6 goes through. I'll have to take a peek at the wife's 66 dart since it's a v8 like yours. I'll take a pic and get back with ya. when I converted to the cable for the dual single barrel setup I just used that same hole as a placement to route the cable through. so I'm not sure untill tomorrow after I take a peek at the wife's car.

Found this lurking about. Does it go to the 66 dart? Or us this just more jetsam??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 159
Disaster strikes.
Sent these pieces to get them re finished, being they will be hi profile pieces. Got them back looking like this.
UGH!!!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 143
  • photo 1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 142
  • photo 3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 142
Wow, who did them?

I'm not going to say. I don't blame him. He's done quite a bit of work for me and done a wonderful job. I think UPS just tossed the package around and probably stepped on it. They were insured for $750.00 so money isn't the problem. Finding replacements and getting them re finished is going to be the problem since the body shop is pretty close to paint.

-
Back