-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I just bought this car and now I'm thinking maybe I should sell it before I start shelling out the money to fix it. Car is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. asking price is $4,000.00 It has not been registered in 18 years. Will need some TLC

Formula S
Factory options include
HP 273 engine
4 speed console shifter
posi style rear end
14 X 5.5 rims
non power disc front brakes
front sway bar

Barracuda does have very minimal rust damage passenger side floor.
original fender tag & broadcast sheet in good readable shape
Car has almost all original parts however it seems to have dents on almost every body panel and is missing some rocker panel trim and front fender emblems. This would be a perfect project for a paint and body guy.
Thinking about taking car to Fall Fling at Woodley park end of this month.

PM me for additional information

Attachments

• Formula S 66 Barracuda 003 (Small).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,272
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 006 (Small).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,277
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 007 (Small).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • 3nc3oa3pe5Y05T25R1aa62a7ffd065ac71079.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,287
Anybody see the car at fall fling had it in the parts section on the trailer.

Yes, I said hi to you. Forgot you were the owner. Didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Told someone restoring a 66 "S" 4spd car today about it. Obviously he's allready got one.

Attachments

• FF10SatSm258.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • FF10SatSm257.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,115
  • FF10SatSm256.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,144
Seemed like a lot of lookers. My first car was a 66 Barracuda from my grand parents so I kind of have a soft spot for these cars. Not many of these S cars around with original parts anymore. This car in my opinion is really cool. But damn somebody beat the poor body nearly to death.

Nice Formula S. It has definite possibilities. It reminds me of my Dart. All the pieces are there but a bit rough around the edges. These cars are getting hard to find that have all the parts and aren't all rotted out. Good luck with the sale.
toolman

I didn't see it at the Fling, but I didn't venture far from the E-body Parts space. I definitely would have stopped if I had spotted it. My first Barracuda was similarly equipped, but was not a Formula S. It's current owner (since 1987) stops by here from time to time. I sold it in 1985.

Is that an aftermarket or dealer installed AC unit? It doesn't look like the heater control is correct for AC. Thanks.

That is aftermarket. Could have been dealer installed, but most of those that I have seen used the Chrylser v-twin compressor. Either way, if I were to buy that car the AC would go and it would go back to original (or I'd get a modern system from Vintage Air or similar).

Well looks like I will be keeping the car. Ebay auction ended at $1,025.00

Love ebay where else can you get over 1500 views for about $11.00

This is a perfect reason why I never buy cars I don't like. Looks like I will be sinking some of my money in to this car to get it on the road.

That is not dealer install it is aftermarket. I have a dearler install air in two of my cars

The Barracuda still for sale?

I just bought this car and now I'm thinking maybe I should sell it before I start shelling out the money to fix it. Car is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. asking price is $4,000.00 It has not been registered in 18 years. Will need some TLC

Formula S
Factory options include
HP 273 engine
4 speed console shifter
posi style rear end
14 X 5.5 rims
non power disc front brakes
front sway bar

Barracuda does have very minimal rust damage passenger side floor.
original fender tag & broadcast sheet in good readable shape
Car has almost all original parts however it seems to have dents on almost every body panel and is missing some rocker panel trim and front fender emblems. This would be a perfect project for a paint and body guy.
Thinking about taking car to Fall Fling at Woodley park end of this month.

PM me for additional information

That is not dealer install it is aftermarket. I have a dearler install air in two of my cars

Dart64,

How can you tell aftermarket ac from dealer installed? I'm trying to determine what I have in my '66. Do you have an engine shot of ac on a slant 6?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back