1966 plymouth belvedere II

-

72 slant 6 swinger

Reaction score
Well, first off, i would like to say thank you to everyone on here for being helpful, and keeping the true hot rodder spirit alive.

well, being kind of a young gun, (i'm only 22) i've done really well these last few years after learning the family buisness ( my old man runs a body shop, and sells used cars on the side) being a highschool dropout at 16, I went back got my ged, had a few different jobs, and now i own several cars, including 2 nice mopars. ( i have a 72 dart also). all this wasn't without its share of ups and downs though. i didn't get it all over night. I guess i'm just blessed with a decent head on my shoulders, and i don't really act like other people my age.

well here it is a 1966 Belvedere II

after scrimping, scraping, selling, saving, etc. for about a year, i decided i want another mopar a body, i'm lookin' at dusters, darts, valiants, i had a couple close deals, but they fell thru. i never thought at my age i would be able to have something this nice all on my own, i always liked b bodies, but i wanted an abody, because of cheaper price, easier to find, etc.

then bam, i just typed in belvedere on ebay one day, and there it was, the only one that came up, even tho it was more than my original budget, it grew on me, a few phone calls, and a 3 hr. drive to ohio and it was all mine for..... $7,000, i talked the guy down from $7,500, it had a 440 with 2 spun rod bearings. i got everything with the car minus the carb. car is great shape, has an older paint job, but it still shiny and flat, need a little tlc around bottom of rear quarters. old bodywork starting to come back, this car has original quarters, its had minor patchwork done at one time.

inside is beautiful factory black interior, bucket seats with console, (hope to get a better picture up later).

The motor an tranny are out of in these pics, it was like that when i got it, the 440 was in pieces lol... also please excuse the junk parts laying around, thats the consequences of a body shop lol.

I'll try and upload some more pics of motor and under the hood, motor is about 80% done. i've already done the engine compartment. we stripped the suspension, and i bought all new moog stuff, and those fancy red polyurethene bump stops and dust boots that don't do anything but look nice lol. I stripped the inner stucture to the metal while, my father prepped and painted it. its been back on its wheels for a couple months now.

Attachments

• 009[1].jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 2,421
  • 005[1].jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 841
  • 013[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 746
  • 059[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 787
the 440 specs are-

1974 block .30 over, zero decked, etc.
stock 440 forged crank turned 10 10
eagle h beam rods
ross forged pistons
main studs
mp windage tray
meling hv oil pump
clevite bearings
knock off milodon pan
lunati voodoo cam # 60305
eddy rpm heads 84cc, milled .30
stainless 1.5 adjustable rockers
right at 11 to 1 comp, with nitrous head gaskets
m1 single plane
worked over holley 850 dbl pumper, with chokeless main body.
msd billet dis. and full 6al system with retard control box.

all that is gonna be hooked to a built 727 with a tci 10 in. 3800 converter.
car already has frame ties, and driveshaft loop. i have new 90/10 drag shocks for it too.
has 8 3/4 rear 3.23 posi, i'm goin with a 4.10 gear before i go to the track.

i have most of the parts to finish the car with, just have to put it all together, been busy with work these last several months. hope to have it finished by sept.

i started to call this project "the quest for the 6's". i'm fairly confident that this car will run high 6's in the 1/8th with a shot of nitrous. i hope so anyways, anyone care to give oppinions on that? lol.i went overkill on this thing, which is easy for us guys to do. i just wanted to go "all out" one good time on everything on the drivetrain, all the fancy expensive stuff, i saved, i worked, and i bought it. however, i guarntee you my next build will be on a true hot rod budget, i have over $1,700 worth of machine work done to this motor. any adivce or comment is greatly appreciated, this is my first big block and really my first "hi performance" mopar build.

Those 66/67 Bs (except Charger) are almost light enough to be A bodies!

Nice!!

Nice looking car. I love the interiors in the 66-7 B body. Should run 6's east with a 100 shot.

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 621
Really cool ride and killer story. My dad was a body man for 47 years, he hated cars and didn't want to work on them after hours or on weekends. You are blessed to have a dad to share with you his passion.

Cool...for some reason the pictures are making me miss my old Belvedere!

I don't know why...lol

good luck with yours!

Paul

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Cool...for some reason the pictures are making me miss my old Belvedere!

I don't know why...lol

good luck with yours!

Paul

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

thanks for the compliments guys, hey i've seen that car before lol. i'm diggin the scoop and gauges, is that a scoop or hood? i don't what it is but the silver metallic really suits these cars..

-
Back