1966 valiant dual master distribution block

-

66valiant273Sig

Valiant Man
Reaction score
I have recently started the conversion of my master cylinder to a dual and was wondering if anyone has any photos of there distribution block. Mostly showing how it is plumbed. Any info will help and thanks for your help.

Slant six forum or The Valiant forum- Valiant.Org? or Allpar?-I do not remember- has a very detailed instruction on this .Lots of good info & pictures. I am sure someone here can also help. I am currently doing this to my'66 Dart- Front lines are from distribution block ,plug 1 port with 3/8x24tpi plug.Rear line comes directly from front reservoir of master cylinder .

Thanks for the info. I have the complete dual conversion line set from inline tube as well as the new distribution block for converting. Just checking if anyone out there is familiar with using such set up. But I will certainly check out the article you have suggested.

66valiant, is this the proportioning valve you are talking about? Our 65 Moor Door with new prop and lines from inline PITA company. You can pm or call the shop if you have any questions. Evan magnummopar.

First is from below and second is from above....hope this helps.
Line on left is rear, center and right are fronts, two without springs are from master.
earlypropvalve.jpg

earlypropvalve2.jpg

This is from above with 2 new lines from master and others going to brakes.

Last edited:
I used a jeep disk/drum combo valve on my 65 retrofit. Same setup. Front small reservoir plums right to rear side of block: back brake supply line, large rear reservoir plumbs into front side: 2 front drum feeds. Combo valve is supposed to provide: proper front bias, distrubution, and I think there is even a grounding contact on top for a brake warning lamp. Top 1/2-20 is front feed in and top 7/16-24 is rear feed in. 3/8-24 outs are front disk lines (2) and bottom 1/2-20 is rear common feed.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
I used a jeep disk/drum combo valve on my 65 retrofit. Same setup. Front small reservoir plums right to rear side of block: back brake supply line, large rear reservoir plumbs into front side: 2 front drum feeds. Combo valve is supposed to provide: proper front bias, distrubution, and I think there is even a grounding contact on top for a brake warning lamp. Top 1/2-20 is front feed in and top 7/16-24 is rear feed in. 3/8-24 outs are front disk lines (2) and bottom

This doesnt apply to Inline Tube Co's 65 dual line kit and proportioning block. What you get from ITC is what I posted and the fittings on block you pictured would be all wrong sizes, requiring a complete retube of whole car.

Thanks for the info. I have the complete dual conversion line set from inline tube as well as the new distribution block for converting. Just checking if anyone out there is familiar with using such set up. But I will certainly check out the article you have suggested.
I have used the Inline Tubes kit for a drum-drum setup. No issues. The block pictured by magnummopar is the distribution block supplied and is connected as described from a dual MC.

BTW, the front line from the MC goes to the rear brakes on the car, and the rear line on the MC goes to the front brakes.

Magnum, Pishta, those look like they are just distribution blocks. Did you also have a proportioning valve plumbed in?

The unit pictured by Pista integrates a prop valve in the rear line path; the black thing on the lower right end of the pictured unit is the cap on the rear prop valve. The top plastic covered thing is an electrical connection for a fail switch, that activates if either front or rear systems fails and loses pressure.

OP, is your setup a drum-drum or disc-drum? With a drum-drum, a prop valve is not used. The sizing of the drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders sets the front-rear proportioning.

Magnum, Pishta, those look like they are just distribution blocks. Did you also have a proportioning valve plumbed in?
Our 65 got some Kelsey Hays disks we pulled off our 67 vert when we did drilled 4 wheel disks. The K-H disks with rear drums works great with no prop valve, good balance running rear drums. We have adjustable valves but typically only use them on disk/disk set ups for better balance during serious braking.

I have recently started the conversion of my master cylinder to a dual and was wondering if anyone has any photos of there distribution block. Mostly showing how it is plumbed. Any info will help and thanks for your help.
Magnummopar, his first post just asked for pics of their conversion distribution blocks and how its plumbed, didnt say jack about ITC's block until post 3. I didnt imply that ITC was similiar to the factory JEEP blocks that I used, I was just showing the block and port ID that I went with. "Any info..." is what I gave him. If he has ITC components, he'll use their instructions. If anyone else is reading this post with a similar generic question, Im just sharing what I went with.

Inline Tube has no instructions or customer support. Thus the reference to Inline PITA Co. They supply the two lines from master and the distribution block in an otherwise empty box. We sell their kit as its a bolt on deal but not the easiest to figure out for the average guy. The lines need some tweaking to line up properly.

pishta, I am sure your jeep valve works fine for you, but it would require custom made lines in several non A body sizes or at least swapping new ends on lines with difficult to find fittings. The 1/2-20 fitting is used with a 5/16 line so putting a 1/2-20 3/16 tube nut will affect volume to rear and I am not aware of anybody making a 5/16 rear line. That is why I dont understand recommending this part when you can buy the 67-70 factory valve for under a hundred and it pretty much bolts on and uses same size fittings as stock, unless you have an old Cherokee in your yard...

-
Back