1966 Valiant Floor Pans

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
What is up with all the major manufacturers marketing up to 65 and then 67 and up for Valiant floor pans? Is there something special about 66? If not, I'm guessing I'd lean toward the 65 and older floor pans to fit into the 66. Can any confirm that either 66 pans are different than the others or that 65 pans will fit a 66? Thanks - been looking all morning and it's been confusing.

66 dart pans are one year only so I assume so are valiants. Have seen folks using 67-69 pans and somewhere I saw 66 dart pans.

I replaced a rear one on my '66 Valiant. It came from ABS and fit ok......good as any I've seen.

66 dart pans are one year only so I assume so are valiants. Have seen folks using 67-69 pans and somewhere I saw 66 dart pans.

Why would 66 Dart have different floor pans I have always been told all 63-66 A body floor pans are the same and yes, I know that Darts have a longer wheelbase than Valiants, but the difference never changed the rear replacement pans.

66 darts use the same pans as 63-66. ABS pans fit well

CBECD56F-B11A-486D-9B9D-2D46753FD81D.jpeg

Why would 66 Dart have different floor pans I have always been told all 63-66 A body floor pans are the same and yes, I know that Darts have a longer wheelbase than Valiants, but the difference never changed the rear replacement pans.
Agree. No reason why 63-66 wouldn't be so similar that they would interchange. Now the 63 firewall is a different deal.

TMM is correct, the 63 cars were only offered with a slant 6 & the firewall is different. 50 + years ago, I didn't know this tidbit of information. I had a 63 Dart 270 & a neighbor had totaled a 64 GT car with a 273 & a speed & offered it to me for a whopping $50.00. I proceeded to try & put the 64 k frame, suspension, engine & transmission in my 63. After a while, frustration set in & a BFH was put into play. I wish I knew if the car still existed today.

I'm redoing some floor pans on a '66 Barracuda that someone made a right dogs dinner of.

i can see where the slight differences are and need addressing to fit properly.

DSCF6913.JPG

where the pliers point the floor is flat as there is the brace for the seat mounting underneath.

DSCF6914.JPG

the right hand seat brace shown does not have a recess for the dip in the floor pan

DSCF6915.JPG

this is the underside of the right hand floor pan and as you can see it has the dip that needs flattening at the brace area to fit properly

as you can see this wasn't done hence there was a gap where the seat bolts down to the floor.

the easy remedy is to split the dip in the middle at that point, flatten it and then re-weld to the same shape as shown in the first pic of the left hand side by the pliers.

hope this makes sense.

possibly the difference is for different seat types? bucket seats in the Barracuda.

1966-barracuda-formula-s-8.jpg

this was before i popped the floors back out.

I never said the 63-65 pans would not work, I have seen 67-69 pans used. But there are differences between the 63-65 and the 66.

I got the rear pans from Auto Body Specialties for my 64 Valiant. They fit like a glove and were easy to install.

-
Back