1966 Valiant...should I part or fix it?

-
Well...made the decision today to save the Valiant!! It may be a few months before I start on it, but I will. Anyone need some nice 14x7 SBP aluminum slots? Thats the only thing that I have for the car that I'm not using.

Well...made the decision today to save the Valiant!! It may be a few months before I start on it, but I will. Anyone need some nice 14x7 SBP aluminum slots? Thats the only thing that I have for the car that I'm not using.
good to hear

I was just about to suggest you part with the parts and start over. 1K toward another solid project would go along ways toward a sound body and frame combo, the rest can build upon a solid foundation. Buddy of mine just found a 55 Stude truck built on a later Ford frame, disc front end, 400M motor, AOD trans, painless wireing harness and a 9 inch, and NO frame rot for 1500. It aint a Mopar but kinda cool none the less. Looks like it was the inspiration for the chevy SSR, almost the same lines. But your saving it, good luck on the torsion bar seats, if you get the entire crossmember, you should be ok there.

Might want to start a want ad for your needs, the thread here is 8 years old, and member Metallidart hasn't been on fabo since October of last year!!

What parts do you need, Mike? I have some 66 stuff, and another member/friend of mine also deals in 66 stuff, maybe we can help!

What parts do you need, Mike? I have some 66 stuff, and another member/friend of mine also deals in 66 stuff, maybe we can help!
I need column mount bracket, small block bell housing, maybe a 3 speed tranny ( got one possibly in the works) clutch z bar and linkages. Complete front grill. Also need the front and back window rubbers.

'' GASSER TIME '' , DONT NEED THE A ARM MOUNTS AS LONG AS THE RAILS ARE SOLID . OR EVEN PUT SOME STRAIGHT RAILS ON IT ? JUST A THOUGHT ! PLENTY OF INFO AND PICS ON HERE, ON HOW TO DO IT ... GOOD LUCK ON YOU HARD DECISION .

Good luck. The rust you see is usually just the tip of the iceberg. If you saw a 1960's Southern CA car body, even parked outside for 50 yrs, you wouldn't believe how rust-free they often are. I mean no rust behind the bumpers, even the bare steel suspension parts almost like new.

-
Back