1966 Valiant

-
Alright first round of blocking complete. Sprayed some high build on her.
on Saturday and roller her out in the sun to bake for the rest of the day.
hopefully this is the last round of blocking. Hopefully she will get some color in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• valiant primer.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 258
Moving right along in great fashion Looking good vitamindart :colors:
One your wheels ? What bolt hole pattern are they ? I like the look for sure.

memike they are large bolt pattern. 15x5 up front 15x6 out back. I believe they are from a 40's or 50's Plymouth they have the clips for hub covers but I haven't found any that fit them yet.

I was talking about the aluminum wheels :D They look great on your 66 :cheers:.

oh, those were off a Dodge Magnum. they wouldn't work up front without some serious modification or shimming. the bearing hub on the rotor would bottom out in the center of the wheel.

Well here she is sporting several coats of Pure white. she is far from perfect
but good enough for me. My daughter Claire and my dad helped me sand it
Friday so I could paint on Saturday. Couple of sags to wet sand and buff out. the rear window exploded while we were taping up the car ( was on the bench ). so that sucked, only removed it to get a better paint job and not have a line. I will tinker with little things while we let the paint fully cure and harden up.

Attachments

• VALIANT PAINT 1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 240
  • VALIANT PAINT 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 231
  • VALIANT PAINT.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 226
any suggestions on where to get the door & window weathers strip? lock strip for the windshield & back glass? hoping to have her on the road cruising early September.

little more progress this weekend. have to pull the horn button off and clean the contacts and make sure its all together correctly ( way too touchy )
need to finish up the interior and get some pictures of the barracuda rear seat install.
also a couple pictures of the magnum drivers side manifold ( couple members asked for pictures )
modified the rear quarter trim since mine was bent and I didn't want to drill the holes for the clips.

Attachments

• valiant tail light mod.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 189
  • valiant front.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 172
  • valiant colum.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 185
  • valiant colum 2.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 185
thanks, it was pretty cool being able to take it out for a little spin my biggest helper really like the little bit we drove it on Monday. I wouldn't be this far if it wasn't for my daughter Claire and all her help.

little more progress over the weekend. got the Barracuda rear seat all dyed carpet replaced and installed in the valiant. have to weld the latches in yet ( but it works ). me and dad will make a trim piece to finish off the opening to the trunk. looks pretty cool in there. took it for a ride to the gas station and back. Had a Little smoke from the Left rear ( over adjusted the brakes a wee bit ). Here is my Little Buddy Claire ( Also my biggest helper and supporter ) My Dad even snuck into the picture (also a big help ).

Attachments

• valiant & claire.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 170
  • valiant back seat.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 154
I like how the cuda seat looks! Was there any modifications as far as the bottom portion of the seat or did it just pop right in? And what year of magnum engine did those exhaust manifolds come off of? Or a pn would be awesome..

the only mod for the seat bottom was drilling to holes to bolt it in place.
the manifolds are off of the 95 ram the engine came out of. ( sorry I don't have the part numbers )

well its had a few changes, 17" steel wheels off a newer charger/magnum. swapped out the 318 for a slant 6, even went FiTech Fuel injection. drove it more this year than I could in all the previous years combined. even used it for my daily this week!! ( wife's van broke ).

Valiant !.jpg

-
Back